____________________________

Lyric opens up and tells Nix about the curse.

What do you think will happen next?

Who could be the stranger who lured him into the trap?

Your Mouse Goddess

271 years ago...

Lyric sat at the counter and drank a tart rum. The alcohol burned on his lips and warmed his stomach. Maybe I should give it up, after all this time I didn't find anything. Resignation spread in him. He was tired of receiving hope again and again, but it was destroyed shortly afterwards.

What did I leave Belial for if I don't return with anything? Frustrated, he slammed his fist on the counter.

"Why so upset?" a male voice to his left asked. A demon unknown to him had settled there one chair away and looked at him curiously. What does he want?

"Nothing. Time for me to go," Lyric replied and stood up.

"I've heard that you're looking for rune demons."

Lyric froze and turned to the stranger. "What do you know?" he asked directly.

"I have information that might interest you," the stranger replied.

Something about his gaze caused an unpleasant feeling in Lyric's body, but against his instincts he sat down again. "What do you want?" he asked the demon.

He just grinned. "Just a nice conversation, nothing more."

Lyric didn't believe a word. No one gave anything without expecting anything in return.

"How about a good drink?" the stranger suggested, but something about his kindness caused a sour feeling in Lyric's mouth, as if something was wrong. But what did he have to lose? He wasn't much poorer with the drink if he was a scammer. He ordered a rum from the stranger and looked at him with an expectant look. What did he have to say to him?

"I heard of an auction where a female demon with silver hair and pointed ears is to be sold. It should be an extraordinary beauty," the demon began.

That he took a break and took a sip of the drink confirmed Lyric in his assumption that he wanted something else from him. The stranger fed him a rather superficial piece of information to entice him. Lyric would continue with the ruse and see how he behaved. "What's her name?" he asked.

"Unfortunately, I don't know, but I can tell you when and where the auction will take place. It takes place in three hours in the Silver Arrow. That's all I know." Then the stranger drank his drink with pleasure and got up. "Thank you very much for the drink, I have to set off now," he said, bowing and then leaving the building.

Lyric was confused, because he hadn't expected this reaction. The stranger had given him his information and had left without a demand. Lyric looked thoughtfully at the counter. Something must be wrong here... But what if he just wanted to be kind and help him?

Contrary to his bad feeling , he decided to follow the trail. He sent a raven with a message for Belial to tell him he was going to this auction. So at least someone knew where he was – just in case. And so he used the rest of the time to prepare himself.

Just in time for the mentioned time, he stood in front of the building called 'The Silver Arrow'. It was a hell of vice with prostitution and other things. He wasn't surprised that illegal auctions took place there. Carefully he entered the establishment.

The walls were a rich red and the ceiling black. The same colors were found in the seating and tables. There were many niches and corners, walls that hid you. The light was dimmed and bodies turned against each other and rubbed each other. Lightly dressed demons and demons delighted to be their customers. Some were already in the middle of physical union and groaning.

"Are you looking for something specific? Or would you like to work here? If the latter is the case, then you have a secure job," a darkly dressed demon asked with a glowing look.

Lyric turned to him. Pervert. "I'm looking for someone like my own. I heard that she is in this establishment tonight," he replied. He had to be careful, because mentioning an auction wasn't always desired and he didn't want to be thrown out.

The demon's gaze changed. "I understand, please follow me," he said, running through the rows towards a black door. He held a green stone on a chain hanging around his neck to the door and it opened.

Lyric followed him and theyentered a corridor. The sounds fell silent when the door closed. They walkedaround the corner towards another door, which he opened with another stone.Then he motioned for Lyric to walk through. When Lyric stepped through thedoor, it closed abruptly. At that moment, he knew he had made a mistake. But itwas too late, because he didn't see the blow coming. They had been waiting forhim. Pain exploded in his head and the darkness swallowed him.