Chapter 17 (30M surprise)

Ritwik-” Akash began, but was rudely cut off.

“Don’t fucking ‘Ritwik’ me” he snapped, “What the fuck are you doing with her?!” He glared furiously at Akash before his eyes briefly flickered towards my still frozen state.

“We’re just having lunch,” Akash tried again, “It’s nothing-”

“NOTHING?” Ritwik’s voice boomed, growing louder and angrier by the second. “YOU’RE PRACTICALLY HAVING EYE SEX IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE STREET!” He grabbed a fistful of Akash’s black  shirt, and roughly pulled him out of his seat, bringing them both face to face. “Why are you with her, Akash?” he asked in a low, deadly growl.

I watched as Akash’s jaw clenched before he pushed Ritwik’s hand away.

“Because,” he replied calmly, glaring right back at his best friend, “certain asshole was treating her like fucking shit and wouldn’t get over their little bitch fit.”

My eyes widened in shock before they briefly flickered around the busy cafe. Every single pair of eyes was on us – even the chef had stopped cooking in the small window and was peering over the tight space to observe what was going on.

“I don’t give a fuck,” Ritwik snapped back, making my gaze land on his furious expression once again.

Akash rolled his eyes before resuming his seat on the red diner chair and plopping a piece of fries into his mouth while shrugging. “Anyway, where were we, Mishti? Oh that’s right, we were talking about my D.” Akash spoke up, and I watched as he tried to keep his expression neutral.

“WHAT THE FUCK?!” Ritwik roared again, making Akash burst into a fit of laughter.

I looked back and forth between Ritwik’s furious expression and Akash’s laughing fit rapidly, growing even more confused at Akash’s behaviour. Ritwik, on the other hand, didn’t just watch his best friend laugh. He punched him square in the jaw.

I let out a surprised gasp as I heard something in Akash’s face crack sickeningly. Akash stopped laughing and groaned in pain as the palm of his hand flew up to this jaw to cradle it soothingly. Neither of us had any time to react before Ritwik turned over to me and lifted me out of my seat by my waist before dragging me with him.

"We’re leaving,” he growled as I squealed in mortification, still aware that we had everyone’s attention on us.

I looked over at Akash with an alarmed and apologetic look before slumping in defeat in Ritwik’s firm grasp as he crossed the busy road and took me all the way back up into his office. My face was tomato red  both from anger and embarrassment , by the time we arrived into his office, and he carelessly threw me onto the navy sofa before his tall figure loomed over my awkwardly sprawled one furiously. “Care to explain yourself?” He scowled, glaring indignantly.

“Explain myself?” I repeated incredulously. “Who the hell was the one who just broke a cafe door, punched his best friend, and dragged their assistant all the way back up into their office during her lunch break after speaking the same 5 words to her for the past two weeks?!”

“We have a meeting in 20 minutes in the conference room down hall,” he snapped, completely ignoring my indignant reply. “Be ready.”

My jaw fell open in shock, before I quickly recomposed myself. “Hey, I’m not done talking with you!” I demanded while scrambling out of my sprawled position on the sofa.

Ritwik shot me a flat look before taking his seat behind his desk. “I’m done talking with you. So get out.” He turned his attention to the large computer screen in front of him.