Chapter 12

“Come on, say something!” Ritwik chuckled as he unlocked the door to his penthouse suite.

I continued glaring, staying silent as the rattling of the keys echoed throughout the empty top level loudly. The door clicked open, and he turned to face me fully, smirking in amusement.

“’Thank you Ritwik,’” he said in a slightly higher-pitched tone than his usual one. “’You’re the best boss ever.’”

My glare stayed.

He let out a sigh before pulling me into his torso by wrapping his arm around my waist, and I instantly tried to wriggle out of his stone-like grip. “You’re not as happy as I thought you’d be, Shortcake,” he muttered, looking down at me with a slight pout to his lips.

I stopped trying to wriggle out of his grip momentarily to look up and give him a look of disbelief. “Not as happy as you’d thought I’d be? What am I supposed to be happy about? The fact that you didn’t tell me about your brilliant plan to ‘take care of it’ ? How did you do it anyway? I thought you weren’t allowed to participate since it was your charity fundraiser.”

“I didn’t participate,” he stated with a grin as he led us inside, still holding me in his iron grip. He closed and locked the door behind us.

“Yes you did! You bid on m-”

“I didn’t bid on anybody. ‘A client on the phone’ did,” he pointed out with a smug expression, throwing his keys on the counter near the door. I groaned in annoyance before pulling out of his hold and throwing my bag onto the sofa in the living room  beginning my silent treatment rule once again.

Ritwik chuckled from behind me as he followed me down the hall to the bathroom I showered in last time. I slammed the door shut before he could comment and instantly stripped off my clothing before jumping into the large glass shower area and turned on the gushing hot water.

Once I felt squeaky clean and no longer pissed off, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped the towel that was hanging on the towel rack around my body securely before going over to the mirror and wiping off the steam that blurred my reflection and looking for a hairbrush in the drawers. Once I found one, I quickly ran it through my hair, before grabbing the other towel available in the bathroom and wrapping it around the newly tamed blonde locks. A firm knock sounded at the door just as I finished balancing the towel on my head, and I looked over at it and frowned.

“Shortcake, I have clothes for you.” Ritwik’s deep voice came out slightly muffled from behind the door, and the realisation of my lack of pajamas registered in my mind just then.

Sighing, I walked over to the door and cracked it open, sticking one arm out for Ritwik to put the clothes in. I waited for the soft feel of material to surround my grip. But instead of clothing, my hand was met with another hand, just as Ritwik pulled me out of the bathroom. I let out a startled scream. When my eyes met Ritwik’s amused gaze, I gave him a look of disbelief.

“Ritwik! Let go.” I tried to pry my arm out of his grip while also trying to hold up the towel securely.

“I invited you into my home and let you use my shower. The least you could’ve done was invite me in there with you,” he said in a tone of mock exasperation.

I groaned, suddenly feeling tired. “I knew this was going to happen.”

“You knew what was going to happen?” Ritwik asked, and I looked back up to meet his curious expression.

“That this is how my entire time with you was going to turn out,” I explained. “You’ll keep trying to either see me or get me naked, all the while making comments like that to make me either uncomfortable or angry – purely for your own entertainment.”