Chapter 13

An annoying, shrill sound pulled me out of my sleeping state, and I frowned before snapping my eyes open to find the source of the irritating thing to put an end to it. I turned around slightly – still being restrained by Ritwik’s surprisingly firm hold in his sleep – and found his phone vibrating on the bedside table that was occupying his side of the bed.

“Ritwik” I moaned as the annoying repetitive tone continued to ring out, “Answer your phone.” I pushed him slightly to wake him up.

He groaned and stirred in his position, tangling our legs together and pulling me – if possible – into his body even more. The ringing stopped, and I sighed in relief, starting to get comfortable in the new position .
But then the phone began to screech out again. I squeezed my eyes shut, as I felt my temper flare. “Ritwik! answer your damn phone,” I snapped. He sighed and reached over to grab his phone, then pressed the answer button and placed it against my ear. I looked up at him with wide eyes as my voice box buckled, making him chuckle.

“Ritwik?” His mother’s voice came out from the speaker, making me freeze in shock. It’s your mom! I mouthed at him in panic, making him shrug in reply.

“Uh… No, this is his assistant,Mishti Khanna. H- How can I help you?” I stuttered nervously, earning another smirk from Ritwik.

“Where is my son?” she asked in a snippy tone, getting straight to the point. Not that I wanted to converse with her any more than she did with me.

I looked over to him, well aware of the fact that he could hear every word she was saying . He pressed his palms together and put them on the side of his face to pretend he was asleep. I nodded in understanding.

“He’s asleep at the moment,” I informed her as politely as I possibly could. “Would you like me to take down a message?”

The line was silent for a few moments. I frowned in confusion, thinking she had hung up on me, until I heard a sigh. The line stayed silent after that, and I looked up at Ritwik, giving him a questioning look.

He just shrugged, smirked again, and then bent down to kiss my ear. My breath hitched in my throat as he continued trailing kisses down my jaw, and I struggled to keep my breathing level in case his mother heard anything over the phone.

I tried pushing him away before he stopped kissing my neck and smirked at me again, and I gave him the fiercest glare I could muster while still feeling flustered from his kisses.

“Yes.” Ritwik’s mom finally spoke up, breaking my glare. “Tell him to call me as soon as he wakes up. I need to speak with him.”
I looked over at Ritwik to see if he had heard the message, and he scoffed a little in response before I felt his hand travel up the length of my leg . My eyes could have popped out of their sockets from shock. I bit down on my lip.

“O- Okay. Anything else?” I stuttered as he began to kiss my neck making my breathing almost uncontrollable.

“Are you sleeping with my son, Ms. Khanna?” she asked flatly, making me go rigid in Ritwik’s hold. He stopped kissing my neck to glare at the phone that was currently glued to my ears, before his eyes met mine.

Say yes, he mouthed, taking me by surprise.

What?! No way! I mouthed back, giving him a skeptical look. He pulled the phone away from my ear, and replaced it with his lips.

“Say yes,” he whispered in a husky voice. “Say yes or I’ll fire you.”

“That’s not fair and you know it,” I snapped back quietly, pulling away.

“Please!” He shook his head and gave me a pleading look, almost making me crack. He pouted for good measure too, capturing my gaze and keeping it glued to his.