40.

I ran her in. She blacked out in the car. "My wife was shot." I said. They put her on a stretcher and immediately took her to the operating table.

My mama pulled up with my sons, her folks, Robyn, and Rhianna.

I just hugged my mama as I cried.

"She gone be okay baby. Raquel is a fighter." I had no words I wanted to scream and fight. My baby was just shot and Ian take them bullets for her man.

"Everybody else is okay baby."

"How ma? How the fuxk she get those bullets. I pushed her down ma." I said.

"I don't know baby. I wish I knew. I really do."

We all was in the waiting area.

"It was Marcus." Brandy said. I looked at her confused. "What you mean?"

"We seen the face." Jess said.

"Marcus ? The Nîgga that raped and beat her?" Her mama asked. "She told me the other day she seem him man what the fuck." I said getting angry.

"Calm down Mario."

"Fuck calming down my wife laying on a fucking operating table cause a Nîgga can't handle some embarrassment from high school?

She got kids mane and you think I'm finna sit around like this shit cool.

This shit ain't fair bruh."

"All we can do right now is pray Mario." My mama said. "Y'all can pray man I'm done with that shit."

"Demarion-." Brooke said.

"Stop calling my name man." I just shook my head. Memories flooded. Tears fell thinking about Raquel.

I remembered the day I proposed to her.

How excited she was to plan the wedding. I shook my head in disbelief man. Mane Rocky you can't do this shit to me man.

Nicky wouldn't stop crying. "It's like he know some ain't right." Brandy said.

I grabbed him and Dae. I just held them.

"That boy her best friend. He know some off with his mama." Her grandma said.

It was true. Rocky didn't have a favorite but Nicky was more drawn to her since birth. Dae more of a Daddy's kid.

When she had a bad day or she just wanted to be alone she would always use Nicky to comfort her.

Rocky baby you gotta wake up man.

I zoned out.

She was all I could think about. The thought of losing my world hurts.

"Mario?" I looked over to see her mama crying. "Hm?" "I'm sorry." She said. "For what?" "Everything I did to her. The heartbreaks I caused."

"You gotta tell that to her."

"Just in case I can't." "Don't speak like that my baby a fighter. She got this shit I just know it."

Minutes turned into hours. Hours began to feel like days. All I could hear was my baby saying don't let me die. I was covered in her blood.

"No updates yet?" Rakim walked in. I stared at him.

I instantly remembered Raquel saying she was pregnant. "Nah not yet." I said.

He sat beside me and put his head in his hands.

For some reason I started to understand just exactly how Brandy and Raquel felt when the tables was turned.