26.

"Ay Coach?!" After practice I ran to talk to my coach about the roommate shit.

"Wassup?"

"Cameron is a girl." "Yeah."

"Why Yeen tell me that?" "A lil surprise." "Man my wife gone kill me and her." "Calm down. Cameron is a wild child.

She's my niece.

I paired her with you cause I thought maybe you could help her out a little."

"With?"

"Keeping an eye on her. Shit maybe even helping her find a nice guy like you instead of sleeping around so much."

"Ion know bout this."

"I promised to take care of you right?"

"Sound like you want me dead." He laughed. "You do this for me by Christmas I'll have yo whole family transferred out here."

"For real?"

"For real." I sighed.

"Ight. Now I gotta break the news to my wife." "She doesn't have to know."

"You think she won't notice a female voice in the background every time we talk?" "You right. I gotta question though."

"Wassup?"

"Why did you marry so young?"

"Cause that's my lady. She got 2 of my kids and she my strongest support system."

"How long y'all think y'all gone make it?"

"Forever."

"Son I seen the way she was looking at the event. She had tears in her eyes when you said you was coming 13 hours away.

She don't trust you."

"I've gave her a lot of reasons not to."

"So you think you've changed?" "I have a woman roommate and I'm telling her so yeah I have." He nodded.

"I give y'all 2 weeks to a month."

"Nah that's my woman forever." "Okay. I wish y'all the best."

I just walked away and got in my car.

I called Raquel soon as I got settled.

Wife🤞🏽💗
Hello?

You was sleep?

Mhm. I just laid the boys down.

I miss them.

When they wake up I'll FaceTime you again.

Okay.

So what happened last night?

What you mean?

You never called me back.

My bad baby. I finished moving everything in and got tired.

Oh. Who was the girl?

Her name is Cameron.

Yo roommate?

Yeah. Ian know she was a girl. I asked my coach about it and he said he want me to keep her out of trouble.

Okay.

You mad?

You didn't know and I trust you.

I smiled big as hell. My baby trust me.