Chapter Thirty Seven

Start from the beginning

“Well first of all, I have to say the boring, important thing, of that you are his teacher and I hope that you aren’t in a relationship yet, because that will be trouble,” Louis started making Harry roll his eyes, “but, you do both seem pretty infatuated by each other, so I guess I have to put up with that.” Louis said again, and Harry thanked him down the phone, before awaiting Louis’ advice. He seemed pretty good when it came to advice, so Harry knew Louis was the best place to go for this kind of stuff.

“What’s so sketchy? You think he’s seeing someone else?” Louis asked, and Harry’s stomach plummeted.

“Well I do now.” Harry mumbled, before he heard Louis swear down the phone.

“Sorry…but like, can you explain what’s going on? I’m quite confused.” Louis replied, and Harry nodded. He thought for a moment about where he should start, before he started.

“Okay, well first of all, nothing is official. Me and Zayn aren’t together, I guess we’re just kind of seeing each other, but since we’ve been seeing each other I always knew he was in some sort of…trouble.” Harry spoke slowly, deciding each word as he spoke. If he wanted the best advice, he’d have to make everything clear enough for Louis to digest. Plus, it was great to just get all of this off his chest.

“Trouble?” Louis asked down the phone, and Harry nodded, forgetting he was phone.

“Hazz, I can’t see if you’re nodding or not, I can’t see you.” Louis then replied, before both boys laughed.

“Oh yeah…yeah, trouble. I knew he wasn’t in the bestest crowd of people, but he’s getting texts from these people and he drops everything to go off to them…but it’s all really, really shady. I don’t know what to do!” Harry explained, before leaning his head back against the sofa with a sigh.

“Wow, that does sound a bit…sketchy.” Louis agreed after a short silence.

“Exactly, but I cant confront him about anything because he never tells me anything! That just makes it all even worse, when I try to talk to him he either tells me things really briefly or doesn’t even tell me. That just makes me even more suspicious!” Harry moaned, as his mind flickered over the confrontation that he and Zayn had had just minutes before.

“I know I probably just sound like an overly clingy partner, but how can I help it? I don’t know what’s going on, and the way he’s all secretive just encourages all of this. I don’t know what to do, Lou, I’ve seen him in some really bad ways because of what he’s doing…whatever the fuck he’s doing…” Harry told Louis, truthfully. Harry had seen Zayn crying his eyes out, his beautiful body battered and ruined by other people, Harry didn’t want to build a relationship with Zayn like this. How could he be with Zayn if Zayn was going to run whenever he wanted, with no word of it to anyone and do whatever the hell he did? What if Harry wasn’t there to patch up the bruises one day? What if Zayn never even came home one night?

“I don’t know what to do, Lou.” Harry whispered, rubbing his temples in frustration. He heard Louis let out a long sigh from the other end of the phone.

“Harry, you know that I want you to be happy, but this doesn’t sound very good.” Louis spoke honestly, and Harry’s heart broke.

“But I like him…when we’re together it’s special, Louis.” Harry couldn’t help but mumble, even though he could see what Louis was going to tell him from a mile away. He could have bet his life on it.

“I know, but one day you’re going to meet someone who doubles that feeling. You’ll meet someone who doesn’t have this whole other mysterious persona, and that will just want to be with you all the time.” Louis told him, and Harry looked across his room sadly.