Li Mingxuan smiled silently and bitterly. Perhaps everyone's indifference to Shen Xi stemmed from this. Because of indifference there would be no feelings, and when faced with a choice, a decision would be made without hesitation.

Li Mingxuan's gaze couldn't help turning to Shen Xi. At this time, Shen Xi had just stripped off his wet clothes, revealing his fair skin.

Noticing Li Mingxuan's gaze, Shen Xi looked back suspiciously. Showing a kind smile, Li Mingxuan averted his eyes, handed the tissues to Shen Xi and asked while driving, "Take you back to the hotel?"

Shen Xi nodded and put Li Mingxuan's jacket on, adding after a moment's thought, "Thank you, Cousin Mingxuan."

Li Mingxuan chuckled and asked teasingly, "Why did you refuse to get in the car just now, so I had to go and invite you personally?"

Shen Xi explained, "Because I already found a friend to pick me up and I didn't want to bother Cousin."

"Then do you want to talk to your friend?" Li Mingxuan asked casually.

Shen Xi shook his head, "The phone got wet and I don't remember his number."

Li Mingxuan smiled and changed the subject, "Why did Xiao Xi think of coming to the cemetery today?"

After the question was asked, there was silence in the car. Shen Xi did not answer and Li Mingxuan looked at Shen Xi in surprise. The smile on Shen Xi's face disappeared and he lowered his eyes, "Today is my mother's birthday."

Li Mingxuan paused, looked at Shen Xi for a while, and said seriously, "Sorry! "

Li Mingxuan's eyes were so solemn that Shen Xi evaded and responded indifferently, "It doesn't matter, it had nothing to do with you."

Yes, it didn't matter; Shen Xi's expression was indifferent as he looked out the window. He was used to it, used to being ignored by the Shen family, used to the fact that he was the only person in the world who remembered his mother. Maybe you could also add the unknown man who left the flowers. Thinking of the bunch of lily of the valley flowers in front of the tombstone, Shen Xi felt his mood improve, but he didn't want to speak anymore.

Once again, Li Mingxuan sighed silently.

The rain outside the window was getting heavier and heavier, the sky was getting darker and the whole world seemed to be immersed in the rain.

Shen Xi sat quietly in the car; the chill in his heart seemed to recede a little with the chill in his body.

Li Mingxuan didn't speak again, concentrating on driving the car carefully through the rain. From Shen Xi's perspective, Li Mingxuan's profile looked very handsome, and with that focused expression on his face, he was very attractive.

Shen Xi had known Li Mingxuan all his life. Unlike his own notorious reputation, Li Mingxuan's reputation in the upper class circles of Zhongjing was very good. He was a graduate of a prestigious school, the heir of the family, capable and skillful, and more importantly, Shen Xi had never heard of any scandal involving Li Mingxuan over the years. Such a clean-cut man was naturally the ideal son-in-law in many people's eyes, and of course so was Shen Ji. Both of them had always been recognized as golden bachelors in their circle.

Thinking of this, Shen Xi suddenly glanced at Li Mingxuan strangely. The situation of Li Mingxuan and Shen Ji was too similar. The two of them couldn't really have an affair, could they?

Shen Xi's gaze was so strange that Li Mingxuan was vaguely aware of it, "What's wrong?"

Shen Xi shook his head, "Just thinking when I can get back to the hotel."