Hero x Reader ✧ Library

Before starting, I must note that Mari is unfortunately dead here...RIP?

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

You were absolutely drenched in rainwater by the time you made it to your local library

You were absolutely drenched in rainwater by the time you made it to your local library. Though spending your weekend walking to the library in the pouring rain wasn't typically on your agenda, you needed to work on a university group project with your teammates. Since nobody had cancelled due to poor weather conditions, you pushed yourself to go.

As you walked in, you saw someone you had known for way too long. Henry, or Hero as a nickname, grinned at you and said, "Oh, hey (Y/N)! Looks like we're the first people here. Do you have everything you need?"

You gestured towards all the necessary supplies and smiled. "Yep!"

"Cool, cool." He looked around, searching for something to say. Despite the fact the two of you had known of each other since childhood, you only recently started actually speaking to each other. Desperate for something to say, Hero resorted to small talk. "How was your day?"

"Ah, it was alright. despite the fact it looks like I've just taken like four showers." You giggled, referring to how the rain had so viciously attacked you.

Hero chuckled. "Pff, yeah I can see! Well, you still look great as always."

Before you had the chance to respond, some of the other people in your four-person group walked in, and it was time to get down to business. This project was worth way too much of your grade.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

A few hours later, your group decided that enough work had been completed for the day and the rest could be worked on. The unofficially named slacker had left early, and the other person needed to leave immediately to pick up one of their friends, which conveniently left you and Hero alone.

This time, it was your turn to try finding something to say. Mission unsuccessful. Honestly, all you knew about the guy is that he had great facial features, seemed decent enough, and had a dead girlfriend. Though you weren't close, the whole town had heard about Mari's death. You obviously felt bad, but it sure wasn't something to just randomly mention.

Hey dude? Is everything good? Oh, what do I mean by that? Just wondering if that whole thing which happened years ago is still impacting you. I'm sorry for your loss.

Yeah...no. Definitely not a preferrable conversation to have. Instead, you referred back to Smalltalk 101 just as Hero did and asked, "So, what are your hobbies?" (Upcoming partial headcannon)

"Well, let's see... Of course, my studies, though that isn't always the most enjoyable thing." He made a joking pained face and continued. "Oh! I've been recently trying to get back into cooking, though that's more just out of necessity. In my free time, I sometimes play mindless video games, read fantasy novels, and I love singing, though I might not be the best. I guess I started getting interested in music back in Faraway Town a while ago because of...old friends. We went to the same school, didn't we?" You wondered why he seemed a little sad, then realized.