Taking A Decision

Start from the beginning

“You don’t take me seriously. You see me as a joke?”

“No, it’s not like that. Please, don’t hurt me.” His words came as a plea.

Panting.

“I love you, Jack... You don’t have to fear me.” Eliana’s eyebrows scrunched towards him. She could hear his heart throbbing louder with every step she took. He pulled away.

“Jeez! Get away from me, beast!”

Eliana released her clenched Jaws and her popping dark veins disappeared. “No, I won’t hurt you.”

“I don’t care about who you are, okay? You better stay away from me or everyone knows this!” He pointed his phone upward.

“Is.. Is that what you want?” Eliana released her face in disappointment as her wolf slowly faded. It’s as if he peed on himself as she stepped closer. Jack closed his eyes, shut.

Like being approached by the devil.

“It’s me, Eliana.” She stretched her hand towards him, holding back the tears. She focused on him as they stared at each other. She moved towards Jack, softly, so as not to scare him away.

“Ahhh!” Jack screamed out in his lungs. Frightened by her appearance. Her claws were still out. And it disgusted him.

With fear in his eyes, Jack ran out of the woods. Eliana watched him run for his life. She would never hurt him. She didn’t want to kill an innocent person, let alone the father of her unborn child. Killing him like this would hurt her. And now, it’s clear how much he despised her. Jack won’t want to see her ever again. She hopes he keeps quiet. If she won’t have to face the consequences alone.

Eliana walked home, sad and lonely. She could hear the faint sound of his car engine as Jack kicked it on and zoomed out of the woods. He won’t have anything to do with a beast. It’s obvious it’s over between them.

That day, when Eliana got home, she met Lilah and her mum, chatting and busting into their conversation.

“Hey, you’re back.” Lilah hurried to her. “What happened? You sounded so...”

“Nothing, Lee.” Eliana cut into her words abruptly, not wanting her mum to know. She sighed heavily, letting her head drop. Eliana rushed into her room and tiredly fell on the bed.

“Did anything happen? Am I missing something?” Maria raised an eyebrow at Lilah for an explanation.

“No, it’s nothing.” Lilah faked a smile. Maria's eyes narrowed as she thought otherwise.

“Umm... Excuse me, Maria. I’ll be right back.” Lilah swallowed, remembering this was a secret.

Eliana walked into her room with the door left open. She looked so pale and fed up. Her weak body fell to her bed. Eliana couldn’t help but curl up into a ball like a cat. Hugging her knees, flashbacks of how scared she was and had left everything to save him played on her mind. She couldn’t believe that Jack could go this far to hurt her. That it would hurt thus much. She planned none of this. Going from one heartbreak to another.

‘Tap-Tap-Tap!’

Three soft knocks came on the door. Lilah listened, and she could hear Eliana whimpering. She pulled the door open and closed the door behind her. Walking up to Eliana on the bed.

“What happened? Was he hurt? Talk to me.” concern laced Lilah’s voice as she pulled closer. Taking a seat by the edge of the bed.

Eliana sobbed, chewing on her lips. Simply not moving. Lilah pulled closer, watching her friend’s tears pool and flow freely. Streaming down her red face.