Chapter 82 - Trauma to the soul

Start from the beginning

He found what he remembered to be Kaguya's clothing, to be exact, what she was last wearing minutes ago but there was no sign of Kaguya nor Azuki. It wasn't particularly difficult to realise something was amiss. Mikage's form allowed him to shudder.

Mikage searched around madly and his effort bore fruition. He heard something it was one of his familiars, he sounded frantic. Mikage rushed to his side and saw Azuki when he did, somehow that didn't retire him of panic. Something was completely wrong but Mikage was powerless entirely so he could only watch the scene helplessly.

"We have to help him; I knew I could find you. This is crazy. how could they do this to Mikage-Sama? Our God!" the child familiar sniffed. "If only they didn't use me against him, he would've destroyed them all"

Even in the face of Azuki's quietness the familiar still had more to say. "I haven't seen Kagura but once we gather ourselves, we can overcome all the other Gods, for sure. I'm so relieved to see you. I'm sure you both know this but the rest of us see you both as our father. And after Mikage- Sama you're the strongest person I know"

...

Something's wrong! 'Sora run!' Mikage placed himself in-between the two, but at that moment, nothing happened, only silence. It took Mikage a second to remember himself. He looked down at where he remembered his torso to be levelled. There was a rod right through his chest and behind him, there was a cry.

It could hardly conform to a death rattle as his voice was too subdued, nothing but shock and pain could be seen on Sora's face.

'Azuki!!' Mikage roared. Not his rage nor his words could be uttered, the pain in his heart was too powerful and overwhelming. His anger was greater than anything he could understand. Still, Mikage feared for the child. But something strange was happening, the child still stood still with the spear in him but gradually light in the child's eyes became dim and the spear grew brighter.

'His soul.' He could see it so clearly the malevolent spear was devouring his soul, without it he would no longer exist as an entity, and he wouldn't even be able to rest.

'Azuki stop! Please don't take him, not his soul. Azuki please stop. Azuki!!'

"Father...?"

Mikage held him in a hug as his form gradually extinguished, 'it's okay I have you. It's okay,' he repeated though he knew the child couldn't hear him. His body didn't even fade nor turn to dust as it usually would. It simply stopped existing. Mikage squeezed himself tightly, his hands trembled in spite of his form.

"Little God, did you believe your role in his downfall was so big? Think less of yourself." Azuki laughed hysterically, he wiped his foot on Sora's clothes.

"Your Gods are playing house and pretend to care about each other. Playing at family so you'd be less miserable, it's beyond pathetic."

Mikage remained in the spot Sora's clothes lay with his eyes closed. If he opened them, he knew he'd never see the child again. He would open his eyes to something that would only hurt him.

'I gave you the name Sora, because the moment I met you, you'd only ever looked up at the sky. I always thought you wanted to be the sky. But you already know I'm terrible at choosing names because I came to learn that wasn't true, you never wanted to be the sky, but much bigger. You looked beyond everything. your hopes, dreams, heart and patience were far bigger than the sky. You were the youngest but you stole my heart instantly my child. Now I won't ever get it back. I love you and I will miss you so much the sky couldn't measure it.
please don't go my child.'

Through the next few hours, Mikage watched helplessly through the siege of slaughter which beheld his family. Everything he held dear seemed to disappear before his eyes. Each of his disciples was put to the spear by someone they trusted and of whom they held dearly.

There was this sort of listlessness that remained, that told him 'Nothing else was worthwhile.' The grey world became a crushing thing. Every creak of emotion that reminded him of his existence only produced pain. Something like moving became impossible. The future was shaded with the past; slowed down.

An idea crept in; it was of others' happiness at this moment. While all his young children were completely gone so silently. During all that tragedy others were allowed joy. Even he was allowed to exist. he didn't want to exist anymore. He only wanted his children back.

For some reason as Azuki ended his seemingly ceaseless slaughter, he sighed as if relieved. And then disappeared in the spot he was last in, which was no trick to the eyes. He was enveloped in something and disappeared completely from heaven's realm.

Everything went black, only for a moment. Then he was back where he died. The same exact spot, the same heavens but...there was someone...no rather there was something holding him. Everyone around him stood or sat still like live statues, and those closest were on their knees.   

Writer side note/ramble -
It has been so longgg(over a year) I actually can't believe it but I'm back finally and its my intention to complete this story as soon as possible.  I have two (or three?)chapters I'm currently editing so you guys won't have to wait too long> it's a promise 

Alsoo on another note, I have so many stories I want to release(I might during the continuation of this to keep me encouraged) but anyhow I want to sincerely apologise for such a long long wait. And thank you guys as always for reading xx