chapter 19 - confession! but at what cost?

(a/n: IM GONNA KMS I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED THIS CHAPTER SO I HAD TO WRITE IT AGAIN 😭)
(anw i approve of tiny waist sunoo 🥲)

the cold winter breeze caught up in riki's hair as he crouched down to pick up a leaf that was knocking on death's door.

he had spent the whole morning reciting a few lines he had decided to finally tell a specific bubbly person.

"you look pretty lost in thought over a leaf." a familiar voice was heard somewhere behind the younger.

riki turned around to see jungwon a few inches behind him while waving. the boy gave him a wave and smile back, dropping the brown leaf.

"what are you thinking about that hard?" the older out of the two stopped to lean against the tree, arms crossed.

"nothing much..." liar. all sorts of things were running through riki's mind ever since last night.

he was hesitating on confessing to sunoo because of what had happened with jake previously.

riki was never one for drama, similarly getting his friend hurt in the process.

jungwon sent a doubtful look to the younger. "you actually suck at lying." he got up from the tree and placed a hand on the younger's shoulder.

"i know it's about sunoo." and bingo. jungwon had gotten a reaction out of riki. like he always had.

"am i that obvious to read?"

"i would be lying if i said no."

a sigh left riki's mouth as he shrugged. now it was his turn to slump against the tree, his hand making its way to his forehead.

"if you're worried about jake, don't be. he's already moved on from that." jungwon sat next to the younger, shuffling his hand in the pile of dead leaves.

"and plus, he's been hanging out with the three older dudes a lot lately. might as well fall for them instead." he laughed jokingly to alleviate the tension.

"oh shut up" riki laughed quietly and hit jungwon on the shoulder.

the male who had gotten hit smiled back at riki's response and simply got up from the ground, reaching a hand out for the younger.

"looks like we got here early" jungwon jerked his head towards the school gate, one of the school officials lingering outside the gate.

-

"blunt trauma force... gash... these aren't romantic at all!" sunoo whined out in stress, papers flying everywhere as he thought that that was the necessary action to do in this sort of event.

"i almost forgot you were talking about a valentine's play..." heeseung said as he picked up the papers sunoo had thrown in the air.

"why do i have to be the one in charge of next years' play? it's december, gee!" the blond shoved his binder away from him, not wanting to see another glimpse of it.

"it is 8 in the morning. why are there papers on the ground?" everybody knew who was grumbling as soon as he stepped into the classroom.