Chapter 6 - Pure Born

Matthias' bite had a strange effect on me. The feeling reminded me of the moment right after an orgasm when you catch your breath, all the muscles in your body relax and you're basking in bliss. Did all humans feel this way after a vampire bite? Maybe that's why Summer didn't mind being Killian's sole source of nourishment.

While I basked in fake orgasmic bliss, my body went limp and my eyelids felt heavy. Matthias scooped me up in his strong arms and carried me over to my bed. He moved like it took no effort and I was weightless. Once he laid me on top of the sheets, I closed my eyes but fought the urge to fall asleep. With my comforter still in the closet, I had nothing to cover myself.

The mattress dipped next to me, and I opened my eyes to see Matthias lying beside me. He sprawled on his side, taking my other pillow for his head. He tucked his bare arm under it and looked at me with his pretty brown eyes.

I turned on my side to face him, giving him a weary grin. He grinned back at me, and for a few seconds, we just gazed at each other in silence. I was too relaxed to feel awkward about it. I wanted to lie there all night and talk to Matthias. I wanted to know everything about this mysterious, gorgeous vampire.

My words slurred, and I probably sounded like I was drunk. "Why do I feel this way after you bite me?"

Matthias replied quietly, "I do that so you won't feel much pain or fear. I want my bite to feel good for you, not just for me. It's our bond because we shared blood."

My brows shot upwards. "Will the bond wear off?"

"Nein. It will stay as long as you're alive."

My eyes grew even wider. I had a life-long blood bond with a vampire! Although I didn't consent to it when Matthias bit me in the snow, I didn't mind feeding him sometimes since the pain was temporary and I could feel this good afterward. I still wasn't comfortable knowing he could invade my mental privacy anytime he wanted.

"So, can I see your thoughts and dreams, and access your memory and knowledge?"

His gaze lowered toward the bed. "Nein. I have the master key, remember?"

My lips pursed in disappointment. "Well, that's not fair."

The side of his mouth lifted to a smirk. "You become Vampir, then you can do what I do."

His tone sounded like a parent telling their child they can do adult things once they become an adult. Curious thoughts suddenly entered my mind about the benefits of vampire blood.

"Now that I've had some of your blood, what will happen to me?"

"Nothing," he said flatly.

Confusion mixed with the surprise written on my face. "No heightened senses or special powers? No glowing skin and shiny hair?"

He grinned back at me, making crinkles in the corners of his eyes. "Did you see that happen in a movie?"

Yes. Yes, I did.

My eyes looked around at everything except the vampire next to me.

"So...um...if I was wounded or had a disease, would your blood heal me? Could it make me young again when I'm an old lady?"

I peeked at Matthias from beneath my long lashes, hoping he would confirm at least one of my questions.

"Reverse aging? Nein," he said, chuckling at my drowsy ass. "But my blood can heal your wounds. It's done that already, each time I've bitten you. The only way it could cure a disease is if you were turned Vampir. No human blood in you means no human disease."