Ch 6

-Paris-

"Ah, Paris you've returned." the centaur Chiron said as I shakily walked onto the front porch after receiving a prophecy from the Oracle in the attic. It was the day after the Capture the Flag game and, after regaining consciousness, Annabeth Chase having kicked him in the head trying to escape the owls, he found out that Zeus had come to Chiron and demanded a quest be issued to retrieve his stolen Master Bolt.

"Paris, what did the prophecy say?" Grover asked excitedly once he had sat down still in slight shock.

"The Oracle Said:

You and three shall go west and meet the god who has turned.

The Son of Chaos shall find what was stolen and see it safely returned.

You and two shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend.

And you alone shall fail to save what matter most, in the end.

But I'm not really sure what it all means or why I was even selected for this quest.".

"Well Paris the god who has turned is likely Hades as the Master Bolt is most likely in the Underworld right now." Chiron said sadly making him gulp in fear, "But what confuses me is the last line.".

"Well we won't really know until it happens," Grover said "prophecies never really make sense."

"True," said nodding sagely "and we also know that instead of the usual two companions you are required to take three and one of them is already decided.".

"It is?" I asked confused.

Grimacing Chiron said "In the second line it mentions that the 'Son of Chaos' shall find what was stolen. Percy has to be one of the quest members.".

Groaning I slumped into my chair, despaired at the worlds cruelty towards me. I had gotten a chance to show up my show off upstart of a foster brother and then I find out that he has to come and he will be the one getting the glory if the Prophecy was correct. "Fine," I mutter "for the other two I want Grover and Annabeth Chase, I'm going to need someone who won't stab me in the back.". After Grover shakily agreed the two were about to walk off to pack for the quest when he turned back to Chiron, "You never said why Zeus picked me for the quest.".

At this Chiron took on a pained look, "Zeus believes you are the one who stole it in the first place, he hopes to gain proof of your betrayal on the quest so he can kill you."

-Percy-

I was just finishing up lunch when Chiron walked over to me and asked for a moment alone to talk so I set down my cutlery and followed him to the lake. "Alright Chiron, why did you want to talk to me?" I ask him once we had stopped.

"Well Perseus," Chiron began "Your brother has been issued a quest.".

"I didn't know that Damian had gotten a quest." I say in false surprise knowing it would make Chiron uncomfortable.

True to form Chiron grimaced at his words and said "I meant Paris.".

"Paris may have been my brother on paper for six years but he is no family of mine." I growl at the ancient centaur.

"Very well then Perseus," Chiron acquiesced "Paris has been issued a quest and part of the prophecy states that you must accompany him. The other two joining you will be Annabeth Chase and Grover Underwood.".

Pinching the bridge of my nose I mutter, "Of course they are," before giving the ancient centaur a hard look "but know that I will not put up with any crap from those three fools.".

After I made my statement I turned and walked back to the Chaos Table and sat down, "Quest time?" Damian asked me quietly with a smirk on his face.

"Quest time." I respond smirking back.