xxᴠ. ɢᴀʏs sᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛɪɴɢ ɢᴀʏs

Start from the beginning

Oliver shook his head. "Don't say that."
"But it's true, Olly! She doesn't like me. Maybe she was confused when we were kids but that's it." She erupted. Oliver sighed. "Come on." She said taking her by the wrist. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" Oliver made a shushing sound, cutting her off and motioning to the open car door. "Get in."

Viola rolled her eyes but got in reluctantly and took a seat next to Will, scooting so Oliver could sit in between them.

Max watched with sad eyes, scooting over to the open spot she had saved for Viola.

•••

THE THREE TOILETS FLUSHED in sync. Savannah was looking at the ceiling to see if anything was still happening.

Nothing.

"The ceiling stopped spinning for me." Robin told the two others in the stalls beside her. "Is it still spinning for you guys?" Robin asked. "No..." Savannah answered. "Holy shit. No." Steve said in a surprised tone.

"Robby, can I come to your stall. I feel alone." Savannah asked. "Yeah." Robin answered. Savannah slid under the bathroom stall wall and into Robin's, sitting besides her. "Hi." She smiled. "Why didn't you just walk around?" Robin laughed. "I'm tired." Savannah sighed.

"Do you think we puked it all up?" Steve asked the girls. "I dunno. Ask one of us something." Savannah suggested. "Interrogate us." Robin said in a Russian accent. Steve laughed. "Okay. Savannah. Why did you move to Hawkins?" He asked. Savannah sighed. "Long story, man. Parents hated me and my siblings so we like ran away and went on a two day car ride to here." She said in one breath. "Oh, shit." She slapped her hand over her mouth, realizing what she had just said. Steve just sat there, processing this information. "Uhm.." Robin looked at Savannah who had a horrified look. "My turn. Have you... ever been in love." Robin said, trying to distract Steve from what Savannah had just confessed.

It worked, thankfully, but Savannah didn't think he forgot it. "Yep. Nancy Wheeler. First semester, senior year." He told the girls before imitating an explosion. "Oh, my God. She's such a priss." Robin complained. Steve hummed. "Turns out, not really."

Robin scoffed. "Are you still in love with Nancy?" She asked. "No." Steve confessed. "Why not?" Savannah added onto the question. "I guess because I found someone who's a little bit better for me." He chuckled. "It's crazy. Ever since Dustin got home, he's been saying, "You know, you gotta find your Suzie. You gotta find your Suzie."" He quoted the boy. "Wait who's Suzie?" Robin asked.

"Curly Fries' girlfriend." Savannah answered. "I am a master of eavesdropping." She smiled. "To be honest with you, I'm not even one hundred percent sure she's even real." Steve ran a hand through his hair. "You owe me twenty if she is." Savannah said. "Deal." Steve replied.

Steve then shook get head. "Anyways, that's not really the point. That doesn't matter. The point is, this girl, you know, the one that I like, it's somebody that I.. didn't even talk to in school." He began to describe her. Robin bit down on her lip nervously which Savannah took attention to. "And I don't even know why. Maybe 'cause Tommy H. would've made fun of me or... I wouldn't be.. prom king." Steve shook his head. "It's stupid. I mean, Dustin's right, it's all just a bunch of bullshit anyways. Because when I think about it I should've been hanging out with this girl the whole time."

Savannah looked over at Robin who wore a scared face. That's when it clicked.

"we still just wanna be popular... accepted, normal."