Another (After)Life

Start from the beginning

Still, it helped that you and her Y/N looked the same.

Ruby: Hey, Cupid. What's going on?

Cupid looked up to see Ruby and Darling heading her way. Cupid smiled sweetly and greeted them back.

Cupid: Nothing much. Just getting super hyped up for a party coming up.

Darling: A party? Is it one of Brair's?

Ruby: I don't think so. I haven't heard anything about a party.

Cupid: Oh, that's because it's back at my old school. It's for a friend of mine. An anniversary is coming up and we're celebrating.

Darling: That makes sense.

Cupid then had an hat-tastic idea. Darling was still getting things figured out regarding her destiny and what-not, and Ruby was still an underclassmen who was still trying to find her own path.

Cupid: Hey! Why don't the two of you come with me?!

Darling and Ruby looked at each other.

Glynda: A party away from Ever After? I don't know...

Ruby: Muuuum. I'm not a kid anymore. Besides, Y/N always let's me go to parties!

Glynda: He does what?

Darling and Cupid watched as Ruby had an argument with....well it looked like it was with herself. After a while, Ruby took her earring off and walked back to the two.

Ruby: Sorry about that. Mums. Anyway, I would love to go.

Darling: Would Y/N be okay with it?

Ruby: I would ask but.....
--------
You threw up into a bucket as Lizzie rubbed your back. You were still trying to recover from the camping trip.
--------
Ruby: I rather not bother him right now. Besides, he trusts me. Unlike some people.

Ruby glared at her earring.

Darling: I'm game! Where is this party happening?

Cupid smiled.

Cupid: Back home. You two will love it. But, first, we'll need to get you two some clothes to blend in.
----------
You checked over your camera for a moment while nodding along with the music you were playing. A friend passing by said goodbye and you looked up long enough to return the gesture.

Lagoona: Looks like our resident director is back at it again.

You looked up to see your good friend apporching you. Being the manager of the swim club, the two of you had gotten fairly close to one another.

Though, maybe too close.

Y/N: Uh, h-hey, Lagoona. Um, you finish your, uh, laps?

Lagoona sighed and stopped in front of you. You didn't meet her eyes.