Willing to wait

Josie and Hope were talking. They eventually fell asleep without even realizing it. Then during the night, Hope woke up. She realized that Josie was laying on her chest. She slowly backed off and stared at her. Then turned around and eventually fell asleep.

The next day:

Josie woke up. She turned around to see she was in Hope's bed. She didn't see Hope around.

"Hope?"

She said as she got up. Hope was standing in front of her desk. Once she heard Josie she turned around.

"Hey, Josie. Good morning."
"Did i, fall asleep here?"
"Yeah, sorta."
"Oh i am sorry. Why didn't you tell me to go to my bedroom?"
"I fell asleep too, when i woke up i saw you. I didn't want to wake you up. Also..."

Hope said as she took something from a tiny box that was on her desk.

"I believe this belongs to you."

She moved closer and sat next to Josie. She opened the box. It was the talisman. Josie took it imedietly.

"The talisman."
"Yeah."
"You kept it."
"It reminded me of how you saved me and how i should never turn that damn switch."
"Never. But even if you do-"
"I won't."
"Hope. If, you do i will be there."

Josie said. Hope imedietly felt better they both smiled. Then Josie took the talisman and wore it. Hope decided she wanted to Josie the truth.

"Josie i wanted to tell you something. See, i've been-'

Hope didn't get to say a word. The door opened. Finch rushed in. She couldn't believe in her eyes. She left the bags rushed to Josie and kissed her.

Hope's pov:

Jo and i were talking. I was ready to tell her how i feel. But then Finch walked in. They kissed. I felt so jealous honestly. But Josie looked happy and that's what i want for her.

No one's pov:

After Finch and Josie reunited. Finch went to her dormitory to leave her bags. Josie and Hope stayed alone.

"So what did you want to tell me?"
"Oh never mind. Look, you should umm, spent your day with Finch. I am gonna go."
"Wait, what are you gonna do?"
"Oh, i didn't tell you. My aunt will visit me today. I will probably be with her."
"Oh. Cool."
"Yeah, i better get going."

Hope said. She was acting akwardly and kept trying to keep distance from Josie.

She walked outside. She drove to the train station. She was waiting for Freya. After a while se came.

"Hello Gorgeous"
"Aunt Freya."
"Come here."

Freya said as she hugged Hope. They started walking and ended up sitting in a cafe.

"So how are you holding up?"
"I am good"
"How about, Landon?"
"I will always love him of course. But he is dead. I have to move on"
"Can you? Because moving on means-"
"Letting things go. I know. But some things are just not meant to be. I know that now."
"I am happy for you Hope. And don't let this bother you. I am sure you will find your right person."

Once Hope heard that, she took her milkshake and drunk while she was looking down akwardly and softly. She tried to hide her smile but couldn't.

"What's that face?"
"What face?"

Hope said with a really high voice as she put her drink down

"Hope? Oh god. You are into someone."
"Well, maybe."
"Tell me. You can trust me."

Hope took a deep breath and started talking.

"I have known her for quite long time  she's always been there. Tho i would never thought i'd fall for her. She is the reason i have my humanity and i am talking to you right now."
"Wait, Josie?"
"You remember her?"
"She is quite hard to forget."
"Well, she's always been there, for me. But i never saw her like that, or maybe i did. I don't know."
"When did you-"
"Well she was gone for a couple months and i missed her Iike crazy, she came back yesterday, once i looked at her, something changed i don't know how to explain it, like a feeling that i tried to avoid for a long time was triggered."
"So you want to be with her?"
"I do. She's just so, she's so sweet and caring. She always put everyone before her own self."
"You should go and talk to her."
"I can't. Look, she's happy with someone else and i don't wanna ruin her happiness by telling her but i also don't wanna see her getting hurt. I'd give up anything for her to be happy."

Freya understood that Hope wasn't just crushing on Josie.

"Oh my god. You are in love with her."

Hope already knew it somehow. She looked at Freya and nooded.

"Look, Hope. Josie did so many things to bring you back. She truly and deeply cares. Even in the way you want her too."
"You think?"
"I do. And as for her being in relationship, you may have to wait and don't know how to explain this but part of me says you two are meant to be."

Hope smiled. She was willing to wait for Josie, especially now. After she spent the day with Freya, she went back to the school. She decided to go to Josie's room. She walked in, Josie was there, she was alone.

"Oh, i thought you would be with Finch."
"Yeah about that..."
"Jo, is everything okay?"
"We broke up."
"Oh, Josie."

Hope said softly, her voice crucked a bit. She walked in imedietly and closed the door. She walked closer to Josie and hugged her. Then backed off.

"What happened?"
"It just won't work out."
"What are you talking about?"
"I can't be with Finch Hope and she can't be with me. We basically agreed on breaking up."
"But why? Why can't you be with her."
"Because, something in me is different. I can't explain it. I just can't."
"What did she say?"
"She said that being for far from eachother changed us. She was basically okay with breaking up."

Josie said, she looked down. Hope moved  her head down and looked at Josie then took her hand, Josie looked at her.

"But are you?"
"Honestly i am."
"Well if she had hurt you i would kill her. But honestly, she lost the best person she could have been in a relationship with."

Josie imedietly smiled once she heard Hope. She tried to hide it, but couldn't help herself.

"You really think that?"
"I do, Josie whoever ends up with you will be the luckiest person in this world."
"Thank you, Hope."

Hope smiled. She looked at Josie, Josie was staring at her.

"I better get going, but if you need anything during the night you can come and tell me."
"Thanks again"

Hope got up. She nooded at Josie and then walked outside.