It was unknown to all the packs that I was a sole white shifter.  It was kept a secret because I was vulnerable when it comes to being a white wolf.  Most packs would want me to join them if they found out, and that included my pack making more enemies, which was the last thing we needed.  To the world outside, Keith was the Alpha of the Waterwave pack. 

The only pack, other than my own, that knew about me being a white wolf was the Firelight pack, neighbor to my pack.  Apparently one of the ancestors of Myron, Alpha of the Firelight pack, was a white wolf.  His mother was the Luna who sacrificed her life for me.  He had heard a lot from his maternal grandparents about the previous white wolf, and he filled me in with the details.

The last white wolf was created using the energy from the lunar eclipse and she too became Alpha of her pack.  It was almost a century ago.  She was created to kill a person who was going around creating wars between packs.  He was obviously a follower of evil.

Ophelia choose Myron, Cam and Mike to train me.  Every day after school, all the wolves in the pack would go out and train, because I made it a compulsory rule.  Myron’s training was harsh, but I felt myself becoming more skilled in fighting wolves because of it.  His training helped me reduce whatever little belly fat I had; now I have a flat stomach and my body’s muscles are developing.

One of the day’s Myron came to train me he brought his cousin’s sister with him, who turned out to be Cam’s mate.  Sveta is a really good girl and treats me like a sister.  I’m happy for the both of them.

“Thank-you,” I said and hugged her tight.

I looked at the cake she’d made.  It had sixteen candles on it.  I haven’t celebrated my birthday in like, forever.  Last year, after my fifteenth birthday, I ran away from the Greenrock pack to start my new life.  I’ve now got that new life in the Waterwave pack.  I wasn’t even a shifter on my last birthday, and now I’m not only the sole white shifter, but also an Alpha.  I daily thank the Moon Goddess for making me take that step to leave my old pack.

I was about to blow out the candles, when everybody yelled out, “Make a wish.”

I closed my eyes and wished for the safety of my pack as I blew out all the candles with my werewolf strength.  I blew all the candles out in one go.

“Me first,” Jan said and I gave her the first piece cut off the cake. 

Jan was finally able to recover from June’s death, after I told her about the interaction I had with the Moon Goddess.  It even helped Anna, her mother.

After giving everyone a piece of the cake, I was shocked to see the number of gift boxes lying on the floor of my bedroom.

“Open mine first,” Ben piped in as he noticed me looking at the gifts.

I opened his gift and squealed loudly in delight to what I found.  “How did you know he was my favorite?” I asked him.

“I told him,” Jan said, raising her hands out for the present.  Right, I had told her that.