Twisted Fates| New Story Preview

Start from the beginning

"Did you bring me anything from Paris?" I ask, trying to catch a glimpse of anything as he unpacks. He hands me a white envelope, and I stare at him weirdly. As I stare at the envelope, I can't guess what it is. It can't be clothes, jewelry or food because it is way too small. "Don't just look at it, open it." When I open it, I'm met with an invitation to the King Industry's Masquerade Ball. I can't grasp the concept of this gift. Yes, it's one of the most anticipated events in America, and many people wish to attend, especially women, just to meet the CEO of King Industries, but I'm not interested in the event or the CEO. "Thank you, daddy!" The tone of my voice is higher, indicating my disappointment. "I heard that Hook is attending." "What? Are you serious?!" "Why else would I ask you to accompany me? I know social events make you anxious but I thought it would be a good opportunity to meet the person you adore so much." I attack him with a bear hug, repeating my gratitude but this time meaning it a hundred times more. Although I don't know Hook's identity, I feel a strange connection with him. Boxing is way too violent for me, but when I stumbled upon one of Hook's matches, I couldn't look away. That was two years ago, and I still wish to put a face to the name. This is it... This is my chance to finally meet Hook.

"Is everything ready for the event?" I ask, flipping through the document

"Is everything ready for the event?" I ask, flipping through the document. "Everything is going according to plan. I have the best people working on this event."Simply nodding, I excuse him. "Kings & Queens Masquerade Ball" has been going on for the past seven years with the sole purpose of finding someone. My Queen. I've traveled to every continent, visiting every pack, trying to find my mate, but no result. My best friend and Beta, Carlos, came up with a logical explanation for everything. The reason for me having a hard time finding my mate might be because she may not be a werewolf like me, but a human. Werewolf or not, I long for a person to love and hold on to, a person to come to at the end of the day. Settling with someone other than my mate is like a sin to me. The possibility of taking someone else's mate from them is like poison. With this ball, my aim is for her to come to me. That's why it's open to the public through lottery tickets sent to everyone. Along with the winners, there are other unmated Alphas, Betas, Gammas, head warriors, and important personalities in the sportswear industry. The first ones because I wish to give people having a hard time like me, a chance to find their mates, while the latter, for the sole person of business. If I do happen to find my mate, we'll have to decide together whether this ball will continue happening or not. I'm a private person, I don't particularly enjoy events like this, but I'll hate to stop something that is helping others. It might be a vana illusion, though. Maybe this year's event will bring no result again. I guess we're going to find out sooner than later.

 I guess we're going to find out sooner than later

"Give my credit card to Sophia. The one with the no limit." I order my Beta, Steven. Steven has been my Beta and my best friend since our childhood years. That's why he gets away with protesting and raising his voice at me. Just like he's going to do right now. "Why are you still going out with that girl? I have told you this a hundred times, she's bad news. You have to have been living under a rock not to know that she's sleeping around!" "Then she won't have a problem when I find my mate." I know he's saying it because he means well, but I don't care. She's just a usual lay for whenever I feel like it. We have a deal, and it's a no-strings-attached one. When either of us finds our mate, the deal is over. "I don't think your mate will be fine with sleeping around. Especially a pack member at that." How dare he?! "Leave my office this instant, and don't ever speak to me like that. You may be my best friend, but I'm still your Alpha. Learn to respect me." In any other case, my wolf, Atlas, would be enraged but not know. He's against my actions, just like Steven. He raises his arms in the air as if he's surrendering. "It's your life, I guess. Don't be disappointed when you find your mate at the ball and she rejects you for being with another girl." He exits the office, slamming the door forcefully. It's been close to eleven years since the day I was supposed to have found my mate. What should I have done? Save myself and be alone for eleven years? What if I never find her? Should I stay alone in the hopes I'll find her? Besides, I doubt I'll find her at the ball. The Alpha King has been hosting this ball to find his mate. It's been seven years already, and nothing. Why will it change for me and not him?

 Why will it change for me and not him?

--

Thank you so much for tuning in!

This is the prologue for my new story and a small preview of what's more to come.

Updates won't start until the 29th of July, but I wanted to give you a glimpse into Twisted Fates.

Twisted fates is a story that I'm confident about for the first time in my life.

I'll try to improve more and show you through my stories.

Please give Twisted Fates a chance!

From the 29th of July onwards, regular updates will be coming.

Hopefully, I'll see you in the new story on the 29th!