PΛЯƬ - 0 ;

* A Witch Gone Insane. *

Age of Arcane, Eraundexelle, 1123.

The melody of death beckoned her close, tempting her with power, the mist of red blurred out the horrendous images of monsters. The claws were sharp with spikes and poisonous stings, dangerous but, oh, so strong. They lured her out in the dark, whispering the words of madness, reaching out to grab her heart and squeezed it so hard, she could feel blood pouring out.

For a long time she desired power, vengeance, invincibility, she finally had it all, the monsters were long gone, drowned in the river of red. They whimpered in pain, begging her forgiveness, she laughed out loud, snickering at their pathetic faces. Her red vibrant hair swirling within the mist of darkness, the pile of bodies touching the dark sky, her heart weeps despite the glory of power, as she tries to ignore the voice inside her head, she screams out loud. No one there to witness the descent of the evil insane witch, her harsh melancholic giggles turned into screams filled with sorrow. The whispers far louder than her voice would ever be.

' There. There. Just one last death. One last taste of blood. One last cry of misery. You poor poor little girl.'

She was long gone, way deep in the sand, lost in the labyrinth of memories. The claws digged at her flesh, leaving gashes behind as she laughed in misery once again. The vines slither their way inside her castle, the curse finally awoke to swallow her whole, the huge chandelier hung above, pirouetting on the rhythm of winds. Cracks forming along the old and indestructible concrete, the pile of bodies burning as her tormentors shriek in agony. The slithering claws grasped her neck and whispered in her ears.

' You wanted power, child. This is power. Feel it. The darkness. The agony. The pain. It's power.'

Death glared at her coldly as she succumbed from her throne, stones plummeted down as the walls shook in terror, she found herself smiling at her end, oh, it was a long journey and she was so tired. The dark vines engulfed her territory, the fire scorching high. She looked around, laughing and screaming and crying, clutching her blood tainted hair, wailing out loud. Her bones shook as the sobs teared her mouth apart, she fell from grace and mind, fearing the whispers. She begged him in her heart to come and save her.

'What would he say? If he saw you this way. He wouldn't love you. Oh, wait, he never did. '

The voices manipulated her, wounded her trying to conquer the broken mind, they bashed her as the vines clutched at her feet, forcing her on her knees. Her crown broken and bloodied laid on ground. They crawled along the broken shards of her mind, pushing her, taunting her. Darkness closing in, trapping her inside, whispering in her ears.

' What have you become, Morana? The girl you used to be was never capable of such cruelty. Such lust of power. You deserve this. '

Morana took a long breath, calming before the storm came for her, glassy emerald eyes gazed above at the spiky chandelier, which shook on the rhythm of catastrophe. The vines slithered, spikes tearing her flesh apart, tainting her turbulent blue gown with red, the winds were harsh, her hands shook as she clutched the amulet of death, bringing it close, whimpering as the vines seared her bloodied body.

The amulet glimmered at the wake of death, at the end of The Queen Of Death, she held the verdant stone and whispered her last prayer as the curse took her hold.

" Fate knows, I've been kind despite of being slaughtered."

The throne came tumbling down as the clouds above shook with melancholy, the burned corpses loosing their ashes to the rage of winds.

"Fate knows, I've been generous despite of my empty hands."

The veins clasped tight around her knees, jerking and breaking her bones as she stifled a scream.

"Fate knows, I've been betrayed despite of my loyalty."

The thunder took hold, the chandelier of blades came tumbling down at her as her eyes bled and heart sobbed in pain.

" Fate knows, I lost way too much too soon, and I beg them of mercy!"

She kissed the amulet of death as the vines swallowed her whole, piercing her skin, her battered bones breaking under the wrath of the curse.

The castle shook and soon there was nothing but ruins left to tell the tale of its insane mistress.

Came the end of a mad queen,
The cursed times of her reign,
Would go on to tell the tale,
The cries of the witch would echo till the end of Eraundexelle.

* *. *. *. *

Author's note - I've been thinking to change the pace of my story, it was way too slow, so, here's the change. The main plot begins. No more hide n' seek. This is it its gonna be a long ride, yes, but I would try to get it done quickly. This was always going to be my plot, I was just stuck on the back story. Those of you who might be confused, just know, it'll be all clear soon. I'll publish the next chapter by the end of this week and I'll try to pick up my momentum.

Comment, vote and share.