Chapter 15

15 : The First Mission

Maria had informed the couple that they will be evaluated of their readiness in two weeks and the soldier and the spy must pass the test before getting back in the field together.

So Steve and Natasha decided that they would keep themselves inside the tower for two weeks, training as hard as they could. Natasha's brutal methods worked on him. She pushed Steve hard but he could keep up with her the way normal people couldn't. He could wield his shield without any problems now and it felt almost normal.

Clint and Tony took a great pleasure betting on who's going to win the match and by far, neither of them were winning. Steve adapted Natasha's fighting style and she adapted his. They learned from one another and now they were so in sync that they could melt into one.

Bruce had JARVIS recorded every time the couple spar so he could analyze them properly. He was more interested in how they seemed to know and understand each other's move. The doctor suggested that it must be related to the soul mate thing.

Thor, on the other hand, was very eager to get in the ring so he could have a chance to fight with the legendary soldier of Midgard. He marveled at how the two people, with a size difference could fight equally.

Other team members also took their part in the training too. Clint, Tony, and Natasha thought him to use modern weaponry and espionage techniques. Tony insisted he would make a boot jet for the captain, which Steve politely declined.

They were finally ready for the evaluation. Natasha told Steve to go to sleep early last night and he did as she said but he had to hold her in his arms too. They ended up sleep in and Clint had to wake them up the next morning. The couple jumped out of their bed and got ready for everything within 15 minutes.

Finally, Maria Hill and Coulson came into the living room where everyone was waiting. The evaluation would take place in the simulation room of the tower but with the scenario designed by SHIELD, especially made for the super soldier and super spy. Tony let the two SHIELD agent to the control center while Bruce escorted the soldier and the spy to the simulation room.

They changed into their combat gear before stepping inside the room.

"Are you ready?" Natasha asked and slipped her hand into his.

"Yes" He nodded and kissed the back of her hand lightly.

They took the stance before the room slowly changed into the simulation scene. They were standing on the quinjet together. Maria and Coulson appeared on the screen and gave them the information they needed for this mission. Steve and Natasha started planning and dividing their work.

"This is an easy one." Natasha said, "We can do it with our eyes closed."

"I don't think so."

"It's just an expression."

They jumped out of the quinjet together. Steve swept the perimeter and took off the defense while Natasha snuck inside the building to secure the file. They worked so well together it was as if they had been doing this for a very long time.

Finally, Steve met up with Natasha after knocking out all the guards outside the building.

"Got the file you want?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, I did." She showed him the small flash drive in her hands.

"It's too easy. There is nothing this easy." Steve became alarmed by that fact. Natasha too was getting ready for something to go off any second, "We better move out."

They took the exit and headed for the elevator.

"The quinjet will circle back to pick us up in five minutes." Natasha told.