Chapter 12

12 : The Make Up

Everything turned out to rather well for Steve and Natasha after the Archive Break in incident. To everyone's surprise, the two came back downstairs together in one piece. Steve obviously didn't have any scratches on him, which they bet a lot of money on thinking he would have a broken arm from pissing Natasha off.

Natasha excused herself up to their floor while Steve hung around in the living area with the team after dinner. He had something to ask Stark about.

"Just spit it out, Cap." Tony spoke up.

"Uh...can I ask you something, Tony?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Do you have any seclude place that I can take Natasha for a week? I want to surprise her with this getaway."

"Are you going to murder her or something?" Tony asked. Eye widened.

"No! I just want to take her somewhere. Like a date."

"Hmm? What do you think, Pepper?" Tony turned to his life mate who sat next to him.

"Our island in the Caribbean would be nice. It's our private island. It should keep you away from nosy eyes of reporters." Pepper suggested "May I ask Captain? What made you change your mind about Natasha?"

Steve knew right then that everyone took Natasha's side but the way Pepper looked at him. Steve knew the CEO would hunt him down if he hurt Natasha or she would kill him right away if he didn't give her the right answer.

"Uh, I was kinda a jerk to her before but now I've realized that I had made the biggest mistake of my entire life. I want to make it up to her in every way I can and Natasha deserves a lot better than what I did to her in the past."

His answer warmed Pepper somehow and the CEO's lips twitched up a little.

"Private Jet will be waiting for you at the airport tomorrow."

___________________

Natasha was preparing to take a shower when she sensed someone's presence.

"Come out of the air duct, Barton!" She yelled and threw her knife at the air duct above her.

Clint yelped loudly before dropping from the air vent, "You don't need to do that, Nat."

"You shouldn't be sneaking around like this."

"Yeah, I'm a SHIELD agent. I never do anything normal!" Clint said before popped down on her bed.

"What are you doing here?" Natasha asked.

"Well, I came to discuss your situation with Captain Tight Ass." Clint replied casually, "I guess you and him have a very nice situation going on."

"You can say that. At least, we talk more. He's willing to listen to me and he didn't judge me when I told him about my past."

Clint only nodded and intently listened.

"I know he is trying very hard." Natasha continued, "I can say that I beginning to enjoy my time with him"

"Don't worry, you guys will have your happy ending."

"Why are you being so optimistic?"

"I still have my hopes of finding my soulmate, Nat."

Before Natasha could reply she heard the elevator dinged, that must be her soulmate. She heard footsteps coming to her room.

"Go now." Natasha commanded and Clint jumped up to his air vent.

"See ya sucker!" and with that followed by two knives thrown by Natasha.