𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: 𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓

LITHE FINGERS HELD THE KITSUNE mask firmly before putting it on her head, styling it to the side with a small contented smile

LITHE FINGERS HELD THE KITSUNE mask firmly before putting it on her head, styling it to the side with a small contented smile. "Thank you Lord Kamisato, you didn't have to." The Yashiro Commissioner simply hummed in response. "It suits you."

[y/n] puts her hands behind her back subtly, drowning in her thoughts for a brief moment. 'Miko would laugh once she hears that I purchased a kitsune mask despite having blood of a tengu..' the general purses her lips, already hearing the raspy laugh of the fox envoy.

"The fireworks show is in a thirty minutes I hear, do you perhaps want to find a spot together to watch it?" Ayato queried, turning to take a glimpse at her. "Perhaps a place less crowded would be delightful." [y/n] quipped.

"Of course, maybe we'll find General Sara along the way.. you were lost right?" Ayato asks for clarification, receiving a short nod from the lady. "Yes ─ well, I was separated from Sara as I had became side-tracked from the amount of mouth watering snacks I have seen."

"Perhaps even a good friend of mine would've enjoyed eating such marvelous snacks." [y/n] chuckled fondly, following the Yashiro Commissioner from behind. "Where exactly are we going to though?"

"It will be a surprise." Ayato smiles cheekily, motioning for her to follow swiftly before the media could see them. [y/n] fixed the angle of her kitsune mask often, a habit she had with her tengu one normally. Her eyes twinkled with nostalgia once she recognized the enchanting place in the depths of Chinju Forest. The man led her towards a nearby cliff soundly, just in-time for the fireworks show.

[y/n] sat on the ground firstly, not even considering her kimono in the moment as she was eager to watch the fireworks show. It was rare she had moments to indulge herself in such meaningless entertainment, but she knew fully well within her that she was overjoyed to witness the brilliance of Yoimiya's fireworks once more. It seemed like the inner child within her was jumping with joy.

"This is the first time I will be seeing fireworks after awhile." Ayato's smooth voice sliced through the deafening silence, gaining the attention of the general beside him who pats the spot next to her. "Likewise, I'm certain that Yoimiya's ─ Miss Naganohara's fireworks would be spectacular as always."

[y/n] compliments, feeling the presence beside her seated. "Are you both close friends?" Ayato asked with a hint of curiosity at the mention of the queen of the summer festivals who was none other than Yoimiya. "Mh, childhood friends yes. She often kept me company whenever I was feeling down before and showed me the fun in creating fireworks.. we drifted apart when Lord Takayuki forced me to take more classes in embroidery and training."

"Although today's different, we keep in touch every now and then. I'm glad that I can handle myself now without his interfering." [y/n] smiled with delight, clenching her fists silently as she grimaced at the memory. "Of course, you've always been a independent woman after all."