𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐀 𝐕𝐔𝐋𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘

THE IRIDESCENT GLOW OF THE moon up in the darkened skies, bright tiny stars scattered across the horizon reflecting itself on the starlit lake as fireflies floated around the dim Chinju Forest

THE IRIDESCENT GLOW OF THE moon up in the darkened skies, bright tiny stars scattered across the horizon reflecting itself on the starlit lake as fireflies floated around the dim Chinju Forest. melodic laughter echoing within the forest, the splashing and rippling sound of the once still waters disturbed by the two young individuals.

the loud thrum of their hearts against their chest, pleased smiles painted over their defined features. It was all but a distant memory that he'd hold close, the periwinkle-haired man's gaze glossed over the note. Meet me in Chinju Forest tonight.

Ayato sighed, but it didn't hold any ounce of annoyance. He pondered inwardly, burying his head between his gloved hands in contemplation. He knew this handwriting was familiar itself, it was something Ayato saw whenever she sent him various gifts that symbolizes her thanks.

"Brother?" Ayaka knocked onto the thin shōji sliding doors, before she slid it open with a visibly displeased expression. "I have heard from Thoma that, you've been holed up in your office for about two days now?" Ayaka interrupts the thick silence that enveloped the room.

"I apologize Ayaka, I have been working hard to clear up this scandal.." Ayato trails off, pursing his lips after. He noticed the tension in his hand, but paid no mind to it and continued scribbling onto the beige colored scroll. "Has Lady [y/n] perhaps contacted you?" Ayato queried with a small hopeful smile.

Ayaka paused in her steps, pressing her lips into a thin line before slowly shaking her head. "I'm afraid not, I apologize brother." Ayaka answers, sitting herself in-front of Ayato. "It is all right, do not worry."

"I asked Thoma to bring you some snacks, it won't be good for your health to skip meals brother.." Ayaka chides in a concerned tone, but the latter seemed insistent to write. "It will be worth it in the end, my dear sister. This is to resolve everything ── and for her."

a pang of uncertain guilt washed over Ayaka, her conscience aching somewhere within. Before Ayaka could speak, the sliding doors opened revealing Thoma who held a tray filled with filling snacks. "Milord, milady please eat up."

"Yes, Thoma."

. . .

[Y/N] FLIPPED OVER THE BEIGE pages of the light novel Yae Miko handed her before 'to cure her boredom temporarily' the Gūuji quotes. The door to her bedroom abruptly opened, making her attention flicker towards the person. [y/n] closed the novel, fingers staying at the hard-cover. "Do you need anything Sara?"

"I.. forgot my handkerchief." Sara suddenly mumbles, causing her twin to blink in confusion repeatedly. "If I'm not mistaken, your handkerchief is at Tenshūkaku." [y/n] replied in a rather perplexed tone.

"Oh." Sara utters, scratching the base of her neck. [y/n] stifled a amused laugh from slipping past her lips at her sister's blatant excuse, masking her smile with her hand. "You're free to borrow any of my unused handkerchiefs there," [y/n] points to the wooden drawer, a teasing lilt in her voice.