Chapter 26: Deja vu?

Start from the beginning

"You were gone..." Namjoon whispered looking at the stranger that is introducing himself as his cousin who was supposed to not even exist.

"I came back!" Minjun clapped his hands like a child, a disturbing sight. "And why are you sitting so far? Sit with me Hyung!" MinJun grabbed Namjoon's ankle and pulled him to the edge of the bed. Namjoon couldn't do anything, he was still in shock at the revelation.

Minjun sat beside Namjoon as if he didn't just cosplay the nightmare monster that drags you out of bed. "I heard you live alone now. Is Jin Hyung with you? How is Taehyung?"

Namjoon gulped trying to make any sentences, but all he came up with was silence.

"Ah, you are too boring. Maybe if you stayed with us and never tried to run away, you would be like me right now." Minjun sighed, all playfulness gone replaced by pure menace. "But you had to become the hero, and now my father can't become the king."

Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows at this. He got a really bad feeling of what Minjun's words could mean, but he kept that aside for now. He could probably use Minjun to escape. Just like last time.

"You...you are not...scared of blood?" Namjoon asked, pretending to be surprised.

"Huh, that wasn't even blood. It doesn't smell like it," Minjun shrugged faking nonchalance, but in reality, he was overjoyed. That was his weakness, paise. And Namjoon decided to exploit it.

"I can't even say that word properly without gagging and you smelled it?"

"It's nothing. I have committed more murders than teeth in your mouth," Minjun smirked, but then stopped. "How many teeth do you have?"

"Less than your murders?" Namjoon suggested.

"Ah yes, less than my murders," Minjun smiled proudly and Namjoon felt a bit of happiness seeing his plan work.

This wasn't the first time Minjun is being tricked, this had been done before, but this time Namjoon was sure he will succeed. Until Minjun turned back to him.

"You really thought I would fall for that again? Deja vu hit me hard somehow." Minjun smiled dangerously at Namjoon.

And he knew, he fucked up.

||

~Flashback~

||

"Oh, Minjun you know how to sneak keys?" Jin said in awe.

Minjun smiled to himself, while Jin looked over his shoulder inconspicuously toward his mother who was standing patiently in the corner. He turned back to Minjun.

"How many keys can you sneak?" Taehyung joined in the act.

This was supposed to be a play date between the three brothers and Minjun, but it would end in completely different terms.

"However many you want," Minjun boasted.

"Okay, can you sneak some keys as an example?" Jin asked, but he immediately realised he stepped on the wrong stair.

"You don't believe me?" Minjun furrowed his eyebrows, his face clearly showing he was getting pissed.

Jin tried to cover up. "No, I mean-"

But Minjun stopped him with a hand. "Now I'll sneak the most important keys in this household. Just wait and watch."

Minjun stormed off towards his father's study, while Jin, Taehyung and Namjoon stood frozen. They knew Minjun would be triggered, but he turned out to be an easier target than what they had been trained for.

"Here he comes." Jin straightened up as fifteen minutes later Minjun came with a bunch of keys dangling in his hand and a proud smirk on his face.

"I told you." He threw the keys at Jin's feet and flicked invisible dust from his shoulder.

"Thank you." Jin smiled widely. "And now sorry."

Minjun's smile faltered a bit before he was tied in a sack of wriggling bundle. Jin rolled his eyes and kicked him in the right place, knocking him unconscious.

Their mother came out from her hiding place slowly. She looked at the unmoving sack and then at Jin who looked back guiltily.

"I told you not to hurt him. He is your brother after all," She scolded him as she picked up the keys and made her way to the main door.

"Mianhae Eomma," Jin answered sheepishly.

She shook her head at the three boys and proceeded to open the main door. Jin and Namjoon picked up the two suitcases they had packed with all their essentials. Taehyung hugged his lion plushie closer as they crossed the threshold of the house out into the dark night.

The lady got into the car and the three boys sat in the backseat. After putting on the seatbelt securely, the lady turned the car on. But no matter how many times she tried to start it, it stayed immobile.

The lady got out of the car to check what happened when a very familiar voice halted her actions.

"Where do you think you are going Kim Eunhye?"

She didn't turn, because she knew it won't make any difference even if she did.

"Or let us rephrase. Where are you running to Kim Eunhye? From your own husband?"

Eunhye didn't answer as she was already being taken away to the interrogation room. Jin, Taehyung and Namjoon shouted at the people to leave their mother away, but Eunhye could only turn to glance at them lovingly.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered as the doors closed cutting her off from the kids.

||

~Flashback ends~

||

Vote for President Namjoon.