Hawks showed you another photo of the twins, this time it showed their backs and you saw small wings much like Hawks'. The boy with the black hair has black wings as well while the boy with the blonde hair has red wings. The next photo showed the two now facing the camera, they were grinning, with their front teeth missing and both were holding cones of ice cream in their hands.

"That was when they got their teeth pulled out," Hawks said, as if he's remembering a moment you had no idea about, judging by that silly smile of his again. If he grins, he would have looked exactly like the twins in the photo.

Hawks was about to show you another one when you decided to speak, making him stop.

"I want to see the most recent photo of them," you said. Seeing their photos taken a few years back only brought forth memories that Hawks only remember and for some reason it felt like you were being mocked, since you don't have the slightest hint of those memories.

But more than being mocked, you knew deep down that it wasn't entirely what you were feeling. You feel saddened at the thought, if you really were their mother, since you couldn't help but still have room for a little doubt, and you weren't there in the most important moments of their childhood, you feel a sort of sadness.

"Oh, right, here's the most recent one," Hawks said, going back to the top of the album. "It was taken yesterday."

When you asked for the most recent, you expected it to be this year, perhaps to an extent that it was taken this month. But for the most recent to be taken only yesterday, you looked at Hawks before you could look at the photo in his phone.

"Have you taken photos of them every day since they were born?"

"Yes," Hawks said right away, without thinking about it, he looked at you and for a second he stopped, he just stared at you until he spoke again. "Yes, I have."

"You have," you repeated, almost sounding as though you don't believe him. But with that serious look it's hard not to.

"To be more exact, I've taken photos of them every day since they were seven months old. Because that was when you vanished, when the twins were barely a year old."

Vanished, he didn't say you left. Because that would have made more sense than him saying you disappeared. How can you vanish if you know you have these two cute, adorable little human beings? And it just doesn't make sense to you. You vanished where, how and why? No, there were more than just those three questions.

"So I've taken photos of them ever since then, so when we finally see each other again, you wouldn't miss a single day of them growing up."

You didn't know if it was because of the way he worded it out, or the sound of his voice, it sounded so desperate and hopeful at the same time. But whatever the reason was, you felt something tug in your chest. Like a string of loneliness passing by for a short-lived moment in time and you didn't know why you were suddenly feeling that way.

You heaved a sigh and averted your gaze from him. "You might want to think about changing your profession if you like taking photos so often. You should be a photographer instead of a Pro Hero."

You looked back at the photo in his phone. The twins look bigger than the ones taken when they were in kindergarten. And they are no longer missing their front teeth. Their wings have also become larger and more noticeable even when they were not turning around and their hair had gotten longer and curlier.