Chapter 13- He's The One

I was asleep on my hospital bed until I heard a nurse come in, "Miss Gorvette, you have a visitor." She said in a soft kind tone. She gave me time to wake up and then she let Jeff inside as she left.
As he walked in the door, I sat up, "Hey Jeffery" I said to him, smiling warmly. When he saw me his face lit up brightly, "Keke, baby..You're okay!" He said, lightly hugging me. I cuddled him back. "I was so worried about you.."I heard him say, slightly sniffling "I'm right here, darling," I reassured him. He looked at me with teary eyes, I wiped off his tears with my thumb and softly kissed his lips. As soon as I let go he held my hand and we shared a second kiss, lasting several seconds, he rubbed my cheek with his hand, we slowly parted lips and gazed into each other's eyes, we smiled, feeling strong love and endless butterflies.
"I'm so glad you're okay." He said to me, "I'm glad you weren't involved in the wreck." I told him, "I wish it were me rather than you.." he replied to me, I looked up and rested my hand on him, I was about to move a bit more but the injuries pained, "Ow.." I softly whispered, "Hang on babe, lemme help you." He said, helping me easily move. "Thank you..my love." I thanked him. "You're welcome, my dear."
I sighed, "Well...looks like the race is on hold for a while." I said, "Yeah, until Sunday, in Hock- Huck- Ha- *sigh* Germany." I giggled, "Hockenheimring." I corrected him, "Yah, that." He laughed, and I smiled. "Oh! I brought you this," He handed me a big, full red rose, I gasped in surprise, "Jeff.. It's beautiful!!" "It reminded me of you; beautiful, cheerful, wild, goofy, and also red." He cheerfully said, "Awwww, Thank you, Jeffery, that's so sweet." I said to him, blushing. He smiled.
Suddenly, Boost knocked on the door frame, "May I come in?" He asked softly. Jeff and I broke our gaze, "Sure, come in." I told him, Jeff shifted aside for Boost to sit. "Just came to see how you were doing." he said, "I'm doing fine right now. What's the latest on the race?" I asked. "You don't worry about that right now, you need rest." He answered, "But-" "I agree with him, you have time, don't worry." Jeff said to me. "The nurse said that you'll be discharged in two days." I nodded, sorrowfully. "What's wrong?" Boost asked, "Can't believe that this happened." I said, Jeff sighed
"What's gonna happen with the race now?" I asked, "Well, you all will be starting from the same positions as today, Jeff I'm sure you knew that already," Boost replied, Jeff nodded. "Oh okay, I see." I answered, "But, the points acquired from the race would not be counted. "Ah.." "You'll be fine." Boost reassured me. I smiled.
"Apart from that, I see that you two have a strong connection." Boost told us, smiling. We smiled, "Well, I care about her."Jeff told him, "And I care about him." I added. "I saw you two a couple of minutes ago, kissing.'' Boost then told us, Jeff's eyes and my eyes widened as we felt embarrassed that he caught that. "You- you saw that?" I asked him, "I was there for a while, I was gonna come in, I heard everything. Jeff, you do seem like a good person and well, I'm counting on you to protect her when I'm not around." Boost said to Jeff, resting his hand on his shoulder, "I will sir, thank you." Jeff replied, I smiled brightly.

Jeff's phone suddenly rang, it was John telling him to come back to their hotel, he sighed, "I'm so sorry dear, the chief wants me back there." He sadly told me, "That's okay hun, I'm right here, I can't go anywhere." I told him, giggling, he smiled and kissed my forehead as he got up, "I'll see you later sir," He said to Boost, shaking his hand, "Just call me Boost." Boost told him, Jeff nodded." I love you Keke and I hope you get well soon my love." Jeff said before he left, "I will, I love you too Jeffster." I told him back. Boost smiled, "Awwwww, so cute." I smiled brightly.
Boost stayed a bit and then he left to discuss the situation with the others. Suddenly, a school teacher of mine called me, he heard about the accident and called to see if I was okay, "Who ran you off? Because I know you are an excellent driver." He said to me, "Some dude named 'Butch' triggered the accident that wrecked 4 cars, including me." I replied, and he scoffed, "I knew it must have been some clown who caused the accident...and you know I hate clowns..." He said, I nodded. "That's the only way you'd crash." he said again, we talked for a while and then he left. I fell asleep for a while.
Jeff suddenly came back at around 6:25 pm. "Hey darling!" he greeted me with a big bright smile, poking his head out from the side of the door frame, "Jeffery! I thought John wanted you to stay at the hotel with your pit crew?" I asked, seeing him in surprise. "Yeah, but we talked about it and he gave me permission because he knows that I care about you and I will stay by your side until you recover," Jeff replied to me, sitting down. "Awwwwww, thank you Hunny!" I said to him holding his hand, he smiled and kissed my hand. We talked all evening until I fell asleep from medication, he scooted closer to my bed, close enough to hold my hands, he kissed my cheek and forehead and fell asleep next to me, holding my hand.