Chapter 12- A Ticket To London...And Almost Heaven.

August 8th, 2018, Jeff woke up a couple of minutes before the plane landed, he hadn't moved too much just to keep me comfortable. He moved my hair and softly kissed my forehead, "Princess, we're here." He whispered to me. I woke up, with a smile, "Yayy" I said while stretching. He giggled and stretched until his joints cracked, he grunted, "Geez." I said, looking at him. "Hadn't moved all trip, I had to make sure you're comfortable sleeping." He replied, fluffing and fixing his hair, "What? Awww, you didn't have to do that, hun." I answered, getting up. "Hey, you needed rest." He told me, getting our luggage out, I blushed. "Sure you don't need help with that?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Naw baby girl I got it." He replied proudly, "Baby Girl huh?" I asked, looking at his pretty eyes, He looked back at me and smiled. He didn't have to say anything, my heart screamed.
"Alright people, let's head out." John said, leading us out. My brothers and Jeff's crew were chatting on the way out, and so were Jeff and I. Jeff overheard Jay and Leo talking in our Trini accent, "How is it that you don't talk the way they do? Isn't that the way you Trinis talk? No offense by the way!" Jeff asked me. I laughed, "Well, even though I live in Trinidad I learned to speak proper English and well um.." I paused, Jeff looked at me, "What's wrong?" I looked at him, "It's embarrassing.." He stopped and put his hand on my shoulder, "You don't have to answer if you don't want to." He said to me, I sighed and continued walking. "I have a speech 'disability', I stutter at times when I'm nervous and or under pressure. I speak properly because it makes it easier for me to speak and talk normally, I still use my accent but it's not often." I answered him, "Huh...It would be interesting to hear you talk that way." He said, smiling. I smirked, "Yuh go understan meh?" I asked in my accent. "Wha- ohh yeahhhh" He replied, we laughed.
When we got out of the airport, we turned to our cars and began driving. While we were driving, I heard Sky and her boys' voices, "Good morning sis." I greeted her, "Good mornin' Ke." She greeted me. "Can I drive with the boys? If you don't mind." Jeff asked me, "Of course! You don't need to ask." I told him, and he smiled brightly, "Thank you!" He snuggled on my fender and left. Sky drove over to me, "Excited?" I asked her, "Just to see Francesco lose, yes." She answered, and we laughed and talked while we continued driving.
When we got to the track, we met up with the other Racers, talking on the track. "Isn't it obvious that McQueen and Bernoulli have the highest scores?" Otto noted. "We can't help it!" McQueen and Francesco bellowed. "I only joined for the fun of it." Carla said, Sky and I agreed. We kept talking until we heard David Hubscap call us to the track. "Well, last race. Good luck dudes and dudettes!" I said to them, "Good luck everyone!" They told each other.
As I was about to go to line up, Jeff snuck up behind me "ROARRR!" He revved his engine loudly. "AAH F- Oh my gosh Jeffery!" I yelled out, panting hard. "That's what you get for scaring me earlier." He scoffed playfully, nudging my fender, I giggled. I was just about to reply to him...until he smooched my lips... I froze, my eyes widened, my jaw dropped, my hood started getting hot and.. Smoking... "Good luck baby girl~" He whispered to me before he drove away, I couldn't say anything. "Ouuuuuuuu" everyone exclaimed, "Guyyys" I blushed and drove to my spot.
"Welcome Ladies and Gentlecars! To the Grand Finale of the International Racers Competition!" Darrel said excitedly. "Today's the last day of racing for this competition." Brent said after, "While the racers line up, let's go over the stats, shall we?" David said, turning to a screen, "McQueen and Francesco are bumper to bumper here with 304 and 302 points! Carla, Frosty, and Keke are behind with 300, 298, and 277 points." Darrel announced, "Not too far back are racers, Jeff, Lewis, Leo, Jay, and Nigel." David said, "Close scores!" Brent added. "Alright alright alright! Let's go racin' boys!" Darrel exclaimed excitedly. And with that, Queen Elizabeth of England waved the flag. We were off.
Francesco took the lead with McQueen gaining in his spoiler, Carla followed suit, coming up on the corner where the Queen and Prince Wheeliam reside. Otto, Racinov, a Subaru called Butch and Shu followed close behind. Butch is a dark blue WRX STI he is modified specifically for Rally, he has a mean look and a gap in between his front teeth, I've heard about him, he loves cheating. I overtook Otto and was now behind Racinov. Now on the wide strip heading to Big Ben, Butch began tailing Shu, Shu tried blocking him but Butch began drafting which is a special tactic that racers use.
Butch accelerated just enough to jam Shu's tire, Shu skidded and slid until he slammed into Racinov which sent him flying. It happened so fast that I barely had time to slow down and swerve. I tried screeching to a stop but Racinov came crashing into me hard, I skidded into Otto and hit the wall from the back, bashing my hood in until it started smoking and busted my headlights, both my sides were dented in badly and smashed my windows, as I hit the wall my fender dented in, broke my spoiler and I blacked out. An accident took place...A bad one...
A couple of racers including, Sky, Jeff, Max and Nigel all screeched to a halt. Jeff was in shock seeing the accident and my condition, "NOO KEKE!!" he yelled, rushing over to me, Sky became speechless. Jeff turned human and tried knocking on my hood to wake me up. "Wake up! Wake up!" He frantically said, He noticed blood and oil started to leak from me, I had no response at the moment, he started tearing up and knelt down whilst he took off his helmet, he put his hand on me and rested his head on my front bumper under my indicator, "Keke, please... Wake up.." He softly said, sobbing. Sky was just about to go over to him, she turned to Nigel and Max first, "Go warn the others, make them aware of the accident." She told them, they obeyed and sped off. Sky went over to Jeff who was now crying, "Don't worry she'll be fine. The medics are on their way." She said to him, putting her hand on his shoulder. Jeff got up and wiped his tears off.
When Jay and Leo heard about what happened, they rushed up to us and saw the crash. "Oh no..sis..." Jay said in a heavy sorrowful sigh. "Oh God." Leo stuttered in disbelief. Boost and the others came up here immediately with the medics. "Oh shi- Keke!" Boost yelled, he touched my logo and I changed to human, I was bleeding profusely, as Boost gently lifted me up and put me in the ambulance, Jeff seemed anxious and quite shaken up, Jay and Leo turned human to comfort Jeff, the medics also took away Shu, Racinov and Otto. We ended up heading to the hospital later that afternoon.
The race had been canceled and the remainder of the racers went to their respective home of residence. Jeff wanted to accompany me in the hospital but John wanted him to discuss race stats and what's gonna happen next. Jeff went home anxious.
The next morning I woke up with a terrible headache, "Wingo..?" I struggled to say, "Oh sis- try not to move too much." Wingo and DJ said to me. The nurses then came in to check on me, "She's doing fine but she will need time to rest." I heard one of them say. "You'll have some company coming soon Keke." Wingo said, handing me my phone. "Huh.." I whispered softly, I opened my phone and saw a ton of messages from Jeff. He was worried...a lot. "I wish I could come to see you and take care of you.." "I miss you.." "I hope you get well soon, I can't sleep thinking about you right now." and there were more messages addressing his concern. "I called Jeff and I told him he can come to visit you." DJ said. "Thank you, brother.." I whispered softly. He nodded, smiled and put his headset back on.
Wingo got a notification from his phone, "They postponed the last race to next Sunday..They also added another race to set the marks straight." He told me, " Where is this other race taking place?" I asked, "Hockenheimring, Germany." He replied. "Ah okay." "At Least it aint Nurburgring." DJ added, "Mhm" I nodded. Soon the nurses came with breakfast and Wingo along with DJ left the room.
Boost suddenly came in, "Hey champ, how you holding up?" He asked me, "I think I'm okay." I managed to answer, he rubbed my head, "Jeff will come see you in a bit." He said, smiling at me, I smiled back, "Okay." David called all mentors to the pits to talk about the replacements and future plans so Boost left the room as he was my acting mentor. I ate my breakfast and dozed off a while after.