Chapter 8- Falling Hard

"You...Think Sky's gonna be alright?" Jeff whispered to me. "I really don't know..She's definitely gonna try her best to beat him tho." I whispered back. Jeff nodded and focused his eyes on the lights...And we were off.
Sky took off flying behind Francesco, not taking her eyes off any chance of getting an early lead. Jeff and I followed close behind cutting off Long Ge in his overtaking.
Coming up on the bridge, Jeff decided to get cocky, driving up to me and accelerating, not to overtake but tease me in a way, smiling and looking back, "you look good from this angle." I heard him say, I blushed and smiled back at him. Without thinking I overtook him swerving in front of him, "This angle may be better for you to look at." I accidentally said, those words slipped out. Jeff paused, shocked and blushed, "Yeah, you're right Princess~" He flirtily replied. After he said that I immediately realized what I said and did, "Oh my manufacturer...I didn't mean to-" I stuttered, "Hey, it's okay..I like it." He smiled warmly, I see his smile in my mirror...He's so adorable..
"Yo, you two have enough time to flirt AFTER the race," DJ said through his headset, Jeff and I looked at eachother and chuckled, "Jeffrey..." I said to Jeff, he looked at me. "Race ya!" I yelled and sped off down the bridge. "Oh it's on now Gorvette!" He said racing along with me.
Soon we caught up to the 3 main competitors, Francesco, McQueen and Sky. Sky was pushing to her limit, she was faster than me at this point, and seeing how she and Francesco maneuvered to try to win made it hard to overtake as well. The finish line was closer and Francesco realized he needed to stop playing and cross the Finish line, unfortunately, Mcqueen made it before he did. I managed to cross before Sky by a bumper.
She suddenly was not so angry anymore. "Ha! You stupid cockroach! Can't even win on your own track!" She laughed. "DriftPaw you-" "Nope!" Jeff cut him off and smiled, "You know if you hadn't been playing around and showing off you might have actually won." Jeff said to him. Francesco growled. "Wow Sky, that was impressive." I said driving up to her, "I didn't win but it was nice seeing him suffer." She said, I nodded. I turned to Francesco, "Your mama saw that?" I asked, Jeff looked behind him, Mama saw that for sure but she still looked proud of her boy. "Yup, I'm pretty sure she did," Jeff said turning back around. "Mama!!" Francesco yelled and stormed off. Sky couldn't help but laugh and drive back to her pit.
Jeff drove close beside me, nudging my fender, I smiled. "Well that was fun." I said to him, he agreed "Yup, what was that on the bridge tho?" He asked in a somewhat flirty tone, I stuttered and tried to think of an answer, "I- I didn't mean to." I managed to say, Jeff kept teasing me, "Mamaz got a bad side huh" He said laughing, I laughed and bumped his tire. "Oh be quiet!" We giggled and for a moment we just gazed. His grey eyes are so pretty, sparkling..

"There you are!" We jumped, startled, it was Jay and Leo. "You made it to the top three!" Leo yelled in surprise, "I know I'm surprised too!" I said cheerfully, "Alright kiddos, let's head back to the pits." John said to us. We obeyed. I split from Jeff, he winked sweetly before he left.
After everything else was over, my crew was getting ready to head to a hotel. I was back in my human form, leaned back checking stats, until Jeff walked up to me, "Hey beautiful." he said sitting next to me, "Hey Jeffster." I said putting my phone away. "Congrats on the top three." He said laying back, "Thanks!" I replied with a smile.
Jeff looked at me and slouched over with his arms on his knees, "You okay there?" I asked, "I wanted to ask you something but I dont know if it's a bad time or..You know." he replied, fluffing his hair, he looked nervous. "Oh?" I asked curiously, He took a breath and sighed, "You...Wanna go to dinner or something..?" He asked, looking so adorable with his puppy eyes and red cheeks. I blushed, "I don't see why not." I answered, fixing my hair behind my ear, his face lit up, "Really??" "Yes!" I smiled warmly, he blushed. I rest my hand on his, he gazed, I like him...
"I'll just inform my brothers, and we'll talk about it tonight, I'll need your number tho." I said to him, "Sounds good" he replied and gave me his number. "Hey chick! We're ready to go!" I hear Boost shouting, "Be right there dudes!" I yelled back, "looks like you gotta go." He said somewhat sadly, "yup" I sighed. "Hey Jeff?" I softly called his name, he turned, "hm?" I kissed him on his cheek, "I'll see you tonight" , I said getting up, Jeff froze, his face red with blush, "Y- yeah sure!" He managed to say, I winked and went home to our hotel.