Chapter 7- Love and Hate

Jeff and I got woken up by his crew chief John Lassitire and my brother Boost. "Wakey wakey love birds" Boost said taking out my luggage for me, "Plane's landed kiddos." John said. We got up sleepily, "We're here sleepyhead." Jeff said stretching, I yawned "Yayy.", "Let's get to the racetrack." Wingo said. Jeff and I looked at each other and got out the plane. Walking out the plane, we were hearing Jeff's crew and my brothers talking about working together, "Stop eavesdropping" Jeff said jokingly, I laughed "Hey you're listening too." I said giggling, "It's not a bad idea tho." Jeff then said, "You wanna team up and race together then?" I asked him, "Yes, I'd love to!" He said sweetly, "Yes!' I said smiling. He giggled. Jay and Leo were looking and listening to us "Oh lovebirds." They said rolling their eyes and laughing.

Getting out the airport, we turned into our cars to drive to Porta Corsa Racetrack. "Wow...Nice red color, looks vibrant in the sunlight." Jeff said looking at my fenders and sides. "Oh, thanks!" I said, "You have a nice paintjob yourself." I said back to him. He smiled, "Thanks." "Let's hit the road." John said cheerfully, we nodded and followed. Driving to the track, Jeff and I were side by side chatting again about the race and other stuff. Jay, Leo, DJ and Wingo thought it would be fun to tease us, that's exactly what they did. "Jeff and Keke sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G" They sang, "Guyyyyyyys!" We said blushing, They laughed, Jeff and I just rolled our eyes and giggled. Driving to the track we met a couple other racers, Carla Veloso and Shu Todoroki, they agreed to drive with us to the track and hang out a bit.

After a nice long drive to Porta Corsa, we finally got to the track. My brothers and Jeff's crew set up our pits side by side, Shu and Carla's did the same. While they did that, the racers gathered on the track to chat with others, Jeff and I went to chat with Lewis and McQueen, "Well look at that." McQueen said to Jeff, "I see you man I see you." Lewis said bumping his tire. We laughed, "Hey fellas" I said waving my tire "I see you met Jeff." Lewis said, "Yup." I said giggling. "We met at the airport yesterday so we kinda teamed up, you know, Corvette and Corvette." Jeff said smiling. "Yeah yeah of course just 'teaming up'" Lewis teased "Yeahhhh' Jeff said winking, McQueen and I laughed. "Sure it isn't because you like her?" McQueen said driving next to me and smiling. Jeff blushed. I looked at him, "Do you?" I asked smirking. He stuttered, "Well...I uhh..maybe..." He paused, his blush shone through his Yellow paint. I giggled, "Cute" I smiled brightly. "Ouuuuuu." McQueen and Lewis said, "Guyss!" Jeff said laughing.

We chatted a bit more until I saw Sky, Nigel and Max, I decided to go see her, "Hey Sky." I said waving a tire, "Hey Keke..." She said, not looking away and giving Francesco a death stare, "Looks like we're gonna race Mr. Open Wheels on his own track." I said, "Yup.." "He's gonna get it today.." She replied, still staring. "Well, look who it is, Sky DriftPaw~" Francesco said, rolling over to Sky, she scoffed. "You came to try to beat Francesco, yes?" He asked in his Italian accent. "Back off you-" Sky said angrily, Jeff and I drove in front of Sky to block her from Francesco and Nigel and Max blocked Francesco. "Hah! Try your best to beat me~" Francesco said driving away "Stop it Francesco..." Nigel and Max growled. Sky growled and cussed while he drove away. Suddenly we heard the announcers getting ready to start the race."We should go line up in our spots." Jeff said to me, "Yah we should, c'mon Sky." I said driving with Jeff to our spots, Sky stared at Francesco and mumbled cuss words under her breath then followed Nigel and Max to their spots.

After taking Sky to line up, both she and Francesco looked at each other and scoffed. Jeff and I looked at each other, "Oh boy.."