and with that, you bursted into tears.

"y-yes sir.."

aizawa looked at shoto. "todoroki, lending a hand when it called, is the true meaning of a hero. to be there when needed, and ready to help no matter what happens, is what led to my safety in the first place. neither you nor rai were at fault for me losing a limb, rather that you two were the reason i made it out alive in the first place."

shoto's bottom lip was quivering, but he refused to break eye contact with his teacher. he hadn't helped that much. at least, that's what he thought. if anything, all the credit went to you for fending off emiko so he could face off against kaze's mom. he didn't help with his rescue at all, so why was aizawa thanking him?

"i apologize i couldn't be of more use, but i couldn't be prouder of you and rai for stepping up and taking charge the way you two did. you both did good, remember that, and let that be what guides you to recovery."

aizawa scooted up in his bed, bandages all over his arms and legs. but still, he was able to stand up and call out your names. shoto had tears pooling in his eyes as he looked up at him, while you already had some streaming down your face as you too looked up at him.

and aizawa smiled.

"i'm still very honored to have you both as my students."

even izuku and katsuki got a bit emotional at the talk going on. to hear that your teacher didn't have it out for you was a huge weight lifted off your shoulders. maybe it wasn't the biggest problem you had going on right now, but it was better than nothing. you don't know what you would do with yourself if mr. aizawa held a grudge against you for all eternity.

"thank you, mr. aizawa." you and shoto said together. you both still looked very drained and traumatized, but at the very least, there was a sense of relief and joy in your slightly dull, wet eyes.

said teacher looked at izuku and katsuki. he stared them down for a moment before sitting back on his bed where now, he took time to glance at all of you. "midoriya, bakugo, i know you weren't present when it happened, but i don't want you two to think that i'm not proud of you. it's quite the opposite, and you two are some of the greatest assets to your classmates."

izuku's eyes widened at the kind words. "t-thank you mr. aizawa! we won't let you down!"

"don't try and spare my feelings." katsuki huffed and looked away, mumbling his next words. "but thank you."

"looking at you four, it makes me incredibly happy to see how well you've all grown with each other." he looked at you and shoto. "rai, todoroki, your sibling-like bond is one of a kind."

you and shoto looked at each other, small smile gracing your still teary-eyed faces. but then you looked down, and seeing the twin flame symbol on his upper left shoulder made your smile widen.

then to you and izuku. "rai, midoriya, both your platonic and romantic love for each other will guide you to greatness and unruly power as one."

with a small laugh, you looked at izuku who was already staring at you with a large, knowing smile. that made you look down at your fingers, where his name rested upon them. izuku also looked down at yours, and together you eyed his fingers that had your name on them.

he switched to said boy and katsuki. "midoriya, bakugo, your competitive relationship will continue to push each other to success and great power to be the very best version of yourselves that you can be."

izuku and katsuki looked at each other, but katsuki just narrowed his eyes at him. izuku sweatdropped, and gave him a wary smile, to which katsuki rested his face and stared at him with his unusual soft, resting face.