Silence fills the air for a few moments.

" How did you find me?"

" Do you really doubt that I could?"

Silence resumes once more, but soon enough, he takes a step closer to the grieving woman.

" Lauren... whatever it is that you're doing," Bucky starts, " It needs to stop."

" I have no idea what you're talking about," Lauren states, " Now, if you'll excuse me."

Lauren leaves her spot and begins to walk, attempting to walk past him, but he grabs her arm with his metal one, preventing her from going any further. At a slow and eerie pace, Lauren turns her head in order for her eyes to bore into his. Bucky would be lying if he said she wasn't absolutely terrifying, but nontheless, he stands his ground.

Without speaking, Lauren uses her other hand to slowly peel back his arm, the grinding sound of metal only spurring her on. She takes not three steps before Bucky grabs her once more.

This time, she's ready for it.

His hand reaches out to grab her, so she grabs it, twists it and shoves him face first against the nearest wall, all with one hand. She presses him into the rough and jagged rock wall. He feels the edges digging into his skin as he lets out a low grunt.

" You can't win, Buck."

And he takes this as a challenge. He shoves his leg behind him, hitting her in the stomach, and while not causing her to pull away, makes her grip on him loosen enough for him to turn around. He uses her arm to flip her around so she lands on her back with an awfully loud thud. She then thrusts her legs upwards, wrapping her thighs around his head and shoves him up and over her head. As Bucky lands on his back, Lauren stands up in an attempt to run, but her leg gets grabbed and soon enough she's on the ground once more. Bucky gets on top of her, grabbing her arms and pinning them on either side of her head.

" Stop fighting me."

" You started it."

Lauren shoves her knee upwards, coming into contact with his sensitive bits in between his legs. The wind leaves his lungs as his eyes bulge in pain, and he's subdued for long enough for her to slide out from his grasp. She stands up in front of the man on his knees and lands a punch to his jaw. He falls back, but gets picked up by his shirt and receives another punch. And another punch. And another punch.

By now, his nose is bloody, his face is red and bruised, his teeth are stained. She picks him up to land yet another punch, but this time, he speaks up.

" He wouldn't want this!"

With his words, she pauses. She still holds her first up in the air, but she doesn't bring it down to his face.

" You don't know that."

Bucky looks up at her with pleading eyes, hoping seeing his face all bloody in combination with his words will spark something inside her.

" You need to let go... Lauren, please... Let go... Move on."

Her grip never falters. It stays strong. She never releases his shirt from her grasp nor her fist from the air.

" He's out there... and I'm going to find him," Lauren whispers, the lower half of her face, her mouth, looking like a void, no emotions, no struggle, but the upper half of her face, her eyes, give it all away as they gloss over with tears, showing her fold, her anger, her pain, her grief, " I have to."

" Lauren... he's dead. Steve is gone."

With that, her jaw trembles. He's struck a nerve. Her mouth twitches, rapidly switching from a smile to a frown as she bends down for her lips to be next to his ear as she whispers once more.