Chapter 5

Yuta

I could fucking kill Kang.

This wasn't how I imagined tonight would fucking go. Unlike some people, I had plans, and those plans included spending the night with a very sexy brunette who knew how to give the perfect head, but I was instead down at the pier, getting rid of a body, with my brothers.

I hit the steering wheel in frustration.

I had better things to do than babysit these two fuckwits. Getting rid of the whore's body wasn't even our responsibility. My father's men usually got rid of the bodies, but I guessed this was how our father wanted to punish us tonight. Always the fucking cock-blocker.

As we arrived at our destination, the three of us put our masks on to hide our identities and got to work. The sooner this was over the better.

"How could you not know she was a dirty cop?" Chen asked as he slammed the passenger seat closed.

Kang growled, also slamming his door closed. "Chen, líkāi tā! (Leave it!) I'm not in the mood."

I got out of the car, closed the door behind me and lounged against the car bonnet, watching in boredom as the two exchanged words to each other.

"Leave it!?" Chen spat as he rounded the front of the car.

Kang balled up his fists, and stood his ground. "Shì! (Yes.) I'll do whatever the fuck I want. You're not the boss of me."

"I'm not telling you what to do." Chen muttered, shooting Kang a glare.

"No? Because to me, it sounds like you are, brother." Kang spat.

My eyes widened in shock at the audacity when I saw Chen point his finger in his younger brother's face. "All I'm saying is that I thought all of this shit doing cocaine was over when we were back in China."

Kang slapped his hand away. "Who are you? My Mǔqīn? (Mother?) If I want to do cocaine, I'll fucking do cocaine."

Chen's voice rises. "And overdose again?"

Too far, Chen. Too far.

I got up from the car and stood between the two before Kang beat the shit out of Chen, which wouldn't be the first time. I sighed. "Alright, enough." I looked over at Kang. "Get the body and let's get the fuck out of here."

Kang shoved Chen out of the way and did what he was told. "Back off and mind your own fucking business."

"I'm just looking out for you, brother." Chen muttered.

Ignoring Chen, Kang opened the trunk of the car, grabbed the body and hurled it into the shore.

Job well done.

I chuckled. "Look at yourselves. One brother's fucking cops, and the other's acting like a mother who's always prepared to give us the guilt trip. What a big fucking happy family we are, huh? Now, let's get one thing straight here." I look at Chen. "Kang can do whatever the fuck he wants because if he fucks up, then he'll have to deal with the consequences. And quit acting like a mother. We've lost one of those already, we don't need another one."

Kang sighed in annoyance. "For the hundredth time, I didn't know she was a dirty cop."

I raised my voice because it was the only way to get through to him. "Of course you didn't, you imbecile! You were too busy snorting coke off her ass, and not only that, but was too blind to realise who you were sticking your dick into. Spies are every-fucking-where, and do you know who they love to spy on the most? Us."

Kang stammered. "Yuta, I didn't know who that cop was, otherwise I wouldn't have gone anywhere near her!"

"Dàn nǐ zuò dàole!" I spat. (But you did!)

"Yuta?" Chen said my name but I was too engrossed in listening to what Kang had to say for himself.

Kang cleared his throat. "Kàn, (Look) I'm sorry. I should've been more careful."

I scoffed. "I'm not the one you should be apologising to. I don't give a shit what you get up to just as long as you don't put our family in danger."

Kang looked away and tensed his jaw.

"You fucked up." I muttered.

"You don't think I know that!?" Kang said through gritted teeth.

I slapped his face to make him look at me, and pointed in his face. "I don't care, just get your shit together, otherwise it'll be your body in the water next."

"Yuta!" Chen barks.

I growled. "Shénme, Chen!?" (What!)

A few seconds passed by where he said nothing. And just as I was about to ask him more sternly the reason why he called my name in such a manner, I watched as he pointed up towards the pier. Long blue hair was the first thing I made note of, and then the panic immediately seeped in.

Shit!

Our next door neighbour.

"Is that...?" Kang asked from beside me.

I nod. "Shì. (Yes.) Our neighbour."

"Do you think she's been watching us this whole time?" Kang growled.

"Does it matter?" I hissed.

At that moment, the figure bolted.

"Fuck!" I made a move to run after her, but a hand stopped me from going any further.

Chen.

"Get off me." I demanded, but Chen ignored the warning.

"It's dark. She might not have recognised us. We're wearing masks for fuck's sake." Chen said.

"I'm not taking any chances." I removed his hand away from my chest and ran after our neighbour.

Maggie

The moment I started to run, I began to hyperventilate. I took a quick glance behind me, and screamed when a large hand grabbed my hair and pulled me backwards.

"Let me go!" I whimpered as I held onto my scalp.

Whoever had their hold on me began to laugh.

Aggravated, I bit down hard on the arm that had managed to wrap itself around my waist and I was dropped. I fell to the ground on all fours, but gathered myself together quickly and started running again.

"Huí dào zhè lái!" (Come back here!)

I heard a deep roar coming from behind me, but I paid no attention to it.

I kept running.

I ran as fast as my legs could go, but whoever was chasing me was hell of a lot faster.

I growled as an arm curled around my waist.

"Get your hands off me!" I demanded.

A hand covered over my mouth. "Shut the fuck up before I cut out your tongue."

I froze, hearing the words.

My heart must have skipped a beat.

That voice!

I gasped.

It was Yuta.

I thrashed in his grip. He grunted, but didn't loosen his hold on me. Not knowing what else to do, I bit down on Yuta's palm, tasting both flesh and sweat.

"Shit!" He swore under his breath.

I wriggled, trying my hardest to break free. Miraculously, I managed to free myself from his tight hold, only to be captured by a second male.

Kang.

With rough hands, Kang turned me around, my back to his chest and whispered in my ear. "We meet again."

"Get off me, bil-eomeog-eul saekki!" (Fucking bastard!) I screamed.

"Yes." Kang ran his nose along the side of my neck and squeezed my breast with a groan. "Keep talking in that language of yours. It's turning me on."

I slammed my hip back and connected with Kang's groin. He howled in pain and shoved me aside.

I turned around and prepared to run again, but Yuta blocked my path.

"Move." I barked.

He remained silent.

"I said move!" I shrieked.

Unexpectedly, a pair of hands grabbed my arms from behind. I looked up to see Chen. He didn't make eye contact with me. Instead, he stared straight ahead, his face showing no emotion.

I closed my eyes in defeat. "I won't say anything about what I saw. I promise."

"And what did you see?" Yuta asked.

"My brother asked you a question. What did you see?" Kang asked sternly.

I should've just kept my mouth shut.

I opened my eyes and glared at the younger brother. "It looked like you were getting rid of a body."

After a few seconds of silence, Yuta walked up to me and backhands me across the face. Pain exploded behind my eyes, causing me to fall effortlessly onto the ground.

Yuta crouched down beside me and placed a string of hair gently behind my ear. "Open that mouth of yours about what you saw here tonight, and I'll kill you. Do we understand each other?"

I stared back into his black eyes and scowled.

He grabbed my cheek roughly when I didn't answer him. "Don't make me repeat myself. I know where you live, sleep and even take a piss. You can't hide from me. Do you understand?"

"Yes, I understand." I gritted out.

We both glared at each other for a few seconds, then Yuta got up off the ground. "Good. Let's go."

"What? We're just going to let her go?" Kang asked disappointedly.

Yuta smirked as he looked down at me. "She knows what will happen to her if she opens her mouth."

Kang grinned and with his index finger slid it along his throat indicating cutting my throat.

Asshole.

I got up from the floor, shoved Chen away from me and stared at each brother individually. "I said I won't tell anyone. I keep my promises."

Their faces showed no emotion at all.

They stood unmoving for a few seconds, then followed Yuta back the way they came. I watched them climb over the railing and disappeared over the edge of the pier.

I shook my head and looked around. "What the fuck?"

"Maggie?"

I looked over to see my mother walking over with two coffee cups. "Mother."

"Sorry for the hold-up. The queue was mun bakk- eulo." (Never ending.)

I did my best to listen to my mother, but after what I'd just witnessed it was incredibly hard to do that.

"If the queue was out the door then why didn't you just go somewhere else?" I asked.

She shrugged. "The Coffee Lounge is the best place to buy coffee. Everyone knows that."

I nodded, agreeing with her. "Dangsin-i maj-ayo." (You're right about that.)

She handed me one coffee cup and winked. "I know I'm right."

I wrapped my hands around the warm coffee cup and took a sip. "Shall we head home?"

"You want to go home? I thought we were going to talk about your first time?"

I took another sip to hide my discomfort. Talking about my first time was the last thing I wanted to talk about right now.

She studied me for a few seconds. "Actually thinking about it, I'm getting pretty tired now."

I nodded. "I'll drive if you want?"

"Gwaenchanh-a." (Okay)

She handed me the keys, put her hand in mine, and walked with me to the car.

In silence.