Chapter 12: The Truth

Start from the beginning

"There's more to the Great Devourer than you've led on, isn't there Sensei?" Zane said, he placed his hand on Wu's shoulder, he sighed.

"I too have obstacles within my own heart. There's a story I've never told you" Sensei Wu said. "Long ago, when I was a young boy, Garmadon and I were more than brothers. We were the best of friends."

"Wait a minute. I know you two were brothers, but really? The King of Cruelty, the Doer of Destruction, the Captain of Chaos. And you two were friends?" Jay interrupted as he swinged his hands around.

"Please, no interruptions," Wu requested.

"Yeah Jay" Y/n said in a childish voice, Jay groaned.

"You see, he did not always have a wicked heart. One day, I lost this very katana. Knowing our father would be mad, my brother told me to go retrieve it. But I refused. He told me not to put off what can be done today and then went to get it himself. When my father found him, he was very ill. For he was bitten by a legendary snake that would grow forever as long as it consumes. A great evil had found its way into my brother's heart. For the snake's venom could turn the purest of things wicked."

"The snake is the same one the Serpentine wants to re-awaken today." Wu told the ninja. "It is the same snake that took my brother away from me" Sensei Wu finished his backstory.

"So the Great Devourer turned your brother into the Dark Lord?" Kai tilts his head a little.

"It was all my fault" Sensei Wu then closed the case of the katana and picked it up. "You five have finished your training. You must now focus on stopping Pythor from collecting the four Fangblades. But never lose focus on the obstacles that lie within each of your hearts that hold you back from true greatness. Unlock your true potential."

"But how are we supposed to do that, Sensei?" Zane asked, still unsure.

"It is up to each of you to discover, " Sensei Answered as he walked past them. "Now I must go on a personal journey of my own" Wu walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Jay asked as the ninja followed him behind.

"To a place you cannot follow" Wu answered Jay.

"If you're going for Lloyd, the City of Ouroboros is filled with hundreds of Serpentine. You'll never do it alone" Cole said, Sensei Wu turned around to face them.

"I am going to find someone who can be of aid. The Serpentine have united and grown stronger and we will need all the help we can get" Sensei explained to the group.

"We understand Sensei, just be careful on your journey" Y/n gave him a smile. Later that day Nya parked the Destiny Bounty near a tall mountain and Sensei Wu descended down the mountain.

"What did I tell you guys, we were nothing close to getting to our full potential" Y/n sighed.

"Well we should start to collect the Fangblades," Cole said.

"But how though? We don't even have a map" Kai gestures his hands out.

"We could hang up flyers," Cole suggested.

"I guess we could try," Y/n agreed with Cole. "I'll start printing" Y/n walked back to the bridge. Hours later they were in Jamanaki Village hanging up the last of the flyers.

"Oh, this is silly" Zane sighed in defeat while looking down at the flyers with a frown.

"You have any better ideas?" Cole asked.

"Hey, maybe Sensei is gonna go get the Samurai for help" Jay assumes.

"The Samurai? I'm sure she's- I mean he's busy looking for the Fangblades as well" Kai made up a quick excuse.