Chapter 4: Lost In The Forest

"Yes I'm sure, I did a double-check last night" I reassure Cole. Zane then comes up to us. "Zane?" I question.

"Hello Y/n" he greets me with a small smile.

"Zane is gonna take us to the Windy Forest, home to the Windy Cliffs" Cole explains. My face drops as I look at Cole. "Pretty cool right?" He says in an enthusiastic voice as he turns over to look at me.

"Sure does" I smile trying to hide my pain.

"Plus it's the Windy Forest so it might just help with your powers!"

"That's great Cole" I continue to smile. Cole and Zane walk over to the gate while I trail behind them. What did I get myself into?

Third P.O.V

Zane unlocks his dragon stable and they hop onto the white dragon and take off toward the Windy Forest. Y/n watches the clouds pass by and tries to touch one.

"So Y/n when was the last time you went hiking?" Cole turns around to look at Y/n.

"Not sure, I can't remember the last time I did" Y/n responds.

"Well don't worry Y/n you're with a master hiker, if you get tired half of the way I'll carry you" Cole smiles. Y/n chuckles a little at Cole. "No ninja left behind!" Cole chanted as he turned back around.

"No ninja left behind!" Y/n repeats as they cheered. A little while later Y/n asked about the origin of the Windy Forest.

"Well according to what I've read the forest got its name because it is very windy there. Strong enough to blow a person away, records show that only a few amounts of people have climbed all the way to the cliffs. Most hikers gave up due to the harsh conditions" Zane informs them. "It is also recommended for hikers to go back when there is rain."

"Cole, why would you pick the Windy Forest?" Y/n asks the black-haired teen.

"I thought we'd go for a challenge, ya know? Plus if we're there we might help your powers and who knows maybe you'll get your powers back at full strength and stop the wind so we can get up there faster" Cole tries to be optimistic while Y/n thinks if all the things that could go wrong.

"I forgot to mention, the estimated time for someone to get up all the way would be five to seven hours if the weather is favorable" Zane adds on making Y/n feel like he's going to die. Regretting his decision Y/n's stomach starts to churn out of nervousness.

As the minutes grew and the wind picked up Y/n knew they were close. Wishing he could object to it Y/n accepted his fate as they landed in the green forest. Cole and Y/n hop off and look at Zane.

"Thanks, Zane, make sure to not forget us" Cole reminds the white ninja.

"Do not worry my friends I will not" Zane smiles before taking off into the sky once again. Cole turns to look at the wind ninja who was fascinated by the beauty of the forest. Sun rays would sneak their way through the trees but the two ninja were bathed in green.

There were small currents of wind that would pass them and make the trees shake a little. "This forest is beautiful" Y/n looks above him.

"I agree, but we should get going right now" Cole gestures Y/n over to follow him. Y/n follows Cole as he stares in awe. The trail was like stairs, trailing up to the top with a few rock climbs here and there.