Chapter 3: Arcade Date

Depuis le début

"I mean that's the thing about having friends. You get mad at each other for the stupidest reasons in the world" Y/n smiles a little thinking about the stupid fights he would have with his friend.

"What are you so smiley?" Jay asks looking at Y/n with a frown.

"Nothing, just a memory, but you should talk to Cole" Y/n looks at his thumbs that he had been fiddling with.

"Can you tell me more about this memory?" Jay asks. Y/n looks up at Jay and then thinks.

"Sure I guess... uh two years ago me and my friend were playing Rock Paper Scissors over who would do the dishes that night. Of course, I won but he got angry and so did I," Y/n told him while spacing out and staring at the wall.

"Our little argument went on and on for weeks. But in the end, we knew that we were being childish, so we made up and helped each other do the dishes that day forward." Y/n smiles. "Sometimes I miss him a lot."

"You guys got angry over dishes?" Jay lifts his brow quizzed.

"Yes, Jay, ridiculous isn't it?" Y/n turned his head to the auburn hair colored male.

"Kinda" Jay agrees with a small smile. Y/n got up from the bed.

"Since you're in a good mood now let's go talk to Cole" Y/n offers his hand to Jay. Jay takes his hand and they make their way back to the living room. "Where's Cole?"

"Stress eating in the kitchen and we just restocked too" Kai groans while he lies on the floor. Zane sits against the wall reading a book about aquatic life.

"Oh," Y/n says.

"I'll go talk to Cole" Jay walks away. Jay stands by the door and watches Cole stuff his mouth with ice cream. "Cole I'm sorry for yelling." The earth ninja looks up at Jay and gulps down the chocolate ice cream.

"Me too, I was angry but please know that whatever I say in these dumb arguments is not true. You're my best friend Jay, and I'm glad I met you" Cole then takes a napkin and wipes his mouth.

While they forgave each other Y/n and the others sat down and played rock, paper, scissors.

"Zane, how do you keep winning?" Y/n quizzed.

"I am unsure why, I believe it's because I'm just good at the game naturally" Zane smiles.

"Yeah and I'm a natural-born winner, Zane you just got lucky" Kai frowns. Kai then looks at the clock. "Hey weren't you and Jay going to the arcade today?"

"Yeah, why?" Y/n looks over to the red ninja.

"It's 11:40, you and Jay said you two would go at 11:00 because you two wanted to also go see the opening of a new comic store on the way" Kai then points at the clock with his thumb. Y/n looks up and sees that Kai was right. His face drops.

"Oh shoot!" Y/n gets up from the floor and runs to the kitchen. "Jay we're late! We're late!" Jay turns his head towards Y/n.

"Late? Late for what?" Jay tilts his head a little.

"The opening of that comic store, you know Doomsday Comics" Y/n expresses.

"That was today?!" Jay exclaims.

"Yes! We have got to go!" Y/n said. Jay turns back to Cole.

"I've got to go, but we will continue this talk later" Jay then runs off with Y/n. The both of them run out of the monastery.

"Jay run faster! I told you to lay off the food but you wouldn't listen" Y/n rolls his eyes.

"Hey! I'm the only one with a dragon, if you wanna come along then stop pestering me" Jay groaned. Y/n and Jay hop onto Wisp and took off towards Ninjago City at full speed.