18. The Pillow Talk

Start from the beginning

"Jovy, which one you think the best?" Pie asked but her eyes never left the dresses. She tiptoed her fingers delicately through the silk, tasting how does it feel on her skin. Pie knew it right that Jovian had designed them exclusively for her. The man also one of the innocent people who believed that the wedding will take place for real in another few weeks of time.

"You know Pie, I have brought the best among the best here." He responded. "Anything will suit you fine." He said the same thing as Kim's.

"Oh please Jovy, you are not helping at all too." Pie pouted.She didn't understand herself either. Why she should be very meticulous in choosing the dress of her outfit for the event that would not take place at all?

"Oh missy. I bet you want to appear as fair as Kim's aren't you?" Jovy tittered, amused by Pie's reaction.

"Yes." The question caught Pie's attention.

"Well, let me suggest you to have this off - shoulder trumpet dress." Jovy took out the dress and matched it to Pie's petite frame. "So sexy and stunning." He said.

"I like that one too." Pie didn't aware that Kim already stood next to her. "You'll look like a princess in this dress." A wonderful smile curved across the tom's thin lips. Pie was distracted momentarily with the smile. It was so sincere yet fluttering. She fluttered to the fact that Kim was actually praising her implicitly.

"Nah, what are you going to wear for the occasion?" Pie asked, trying to shake off her thought yet stabilizing herself to reality.

"It's secret." Jovy answered on behalf of Kim.

"Secret?" Pie reiterated after him. "Fine, you two set up a private conspiracy out of my knowledge." Pie pretended that she was being sulky.

"It's for your own good." Kim added. "You're going to figure it out on the day of the wedding." Kim said. Pie saw how the smile on Kim's face slowly subsided away. She knew she was not going to figure out anything. The wedding was just a puppet to this play.

"Hello, what's so good here?" A very familiar voice greeted them. Zee and Tavee were coming towards them. The two were about to join the group. Sooner or later, Jittaleela's Residence would turn upside down with the presence of the two trouble makers - Zee and Kim.

"Wow, are these your wedding dresses, Pie?" Tavee looked interested. She came to approached Pie for the first place once they got to reach the living room.

"You two prepare for the wedding this early?" Zee changed a look with Kim. Tavee did the same too to Pie. Only four of them knew what was really happening all this while. What's going on right now was indeed not needed.

"My parents had arranged it. What can I do?" Kim shrugged. An audible heavy sigh emitted out of her lungs expressing the stress and pressure that she held for so long.