|12| v a n i l l a

Start from the beginning

Tori Peterson is my classmate in Home EC and I have exchanged some words with her before, so we're not strangers anymore. More of like people who just know each other exists.

She's a tall girl probably around 5'9, sun-kissed skin, beach-blond wavy hair that reaches mid-waist, striking emerald eyes and perfect pair of thin lips. She's also quite popular at our school for being the captain of the Volleyball team. She may not be as popular as the cheerleaders and jocks but at least, the majority of the population knows she exists.

"Hey," Austin beamed at her, smiling widely. Making my brow raise up out of its own accord.

Austin? Smiling? Smiling? Austin? What?

"Hi! I didn't know you're coming here," Tori greeted back with the same amount of cheeriness, completely ignoring me as I sit there gaping at both of them. Well this is awkward.

"Yeah...well I'm...just... So what's your order Anna?" Austin asked, changing the topic and smoothly turning the spotlight on me as he scratched the back of his head. Did he just call me by my real name?

Completely surprised, I looked up at Tori who's standing at the side of our table, waiting for my order as she smiles brightly at me. "Uh...I'll have two scoops of... Cookies N' Cream."

She nodded, writing down my order. "Okay ma'am, is that all?"

Flailing my hands, I gave her a shy grin. "Just call me Anna and yeah that's all. I didn't know you work here. I go here every weekend if I'm not busy."

"Okay, Anna-" she beamed, looking at both of us,"-well I've been working here since eleventh grade. I have weekends off though. So that's probably why we never got the chance to see each other here."

And my oh-so smart response? "Oh. That's uh...cheery." Cheery?

Tori giggled. "You guys look cute together by the way." She shot us a knowing smirk before picking up the menu that laid in front of me on the waffle table and sauntering towards the cashier.

Uh?

"Psh. Always trying to set me up," Austin mumbled under his breath, oblivious to the fact that I can perfectly hear him within our small distance.

"She seems nice," I said, looking up at him.

That's true. Tori seems nice. In fact, she seems super nice that an angel would be shy. That probably explains why she gives Austin, Skittles everyday.

"Yeah," he breathed out, a small smile slowly crept its way to his lips along with a thoughtful look on his face as he peered over at the cashier behind me, where Tori went.

At that moment, I chose to take in all his features. His signature hairstyle of semi-disheveled and semi-slicked back brown hair, his eyebrows that are shaped in perfection, bright hazel eyes, the freckles that dotted his cute nose in light traces, cute dimples in each side of his cheek, thin pinkish lips and pale skin with a small touch of tan.

Is that even possible to be pale and tan at the same time?

He may not have high cheekbones or a so prominent jawline that can cut your finger once you touch it, but he still looks cute. Especially with the pair of dimples that he had, that I just noticed. Since he rarely ever smiles. Yep, he's cute.

Boy-next-door kind of cute.

"This is your order, Vanilla and Cookies N' Cream, two scoops each." Tori said, as she reached our table, placing down two bowls from her tray in front of us and interrupting my creepy activity of observing Austin. She placed Vanilla in front of Austin and Cookies N' Cream in front me.