CHAPTER-14

Published on- 19/07/22

AUTHOR'S POV

He finished the song with a series of tunes, moving his fingers on the strings like a magician.

In return, he got a huge round of applause from the girl who was looking at him like a panda.

She was literally drowning in him. Not just his voice but also his body which looked so sexy while he sang like a professional singer.

"Wow! You sing so well! You are definitely a singer?" she exclaimed taking her time to admire him.

"Wow! You eat my brain so well! You are definitely a worm!" he mimicked her getting a smack on his shoulder.

"Nirvaan, what happened?" she asked being serious and holding his hand.

She can't see him like this.

Although, he was happy today but his smile didn't reach his eyes.

It was like he was forcing his happiness for her.

He retreated his hand from her hold and cupped her face.

He joined their foreheads and closed his eyes.

"Nirvaan, what happened?" she again asked placing her hands on his which were cupping her face.

He just shook his head still eyes closed and foreheads joined. It was feeling like the calm before the storm.

She was afraid of how the environment changed from happiness to this uncomfortable calmness.

"Nirvaan, I want to tell you something" she finally brought up the courage to express her feelings. She can't deny it anymore. Today she will tell him that how much she loves him.

"I also have to tell you something" he whispered, his eyes still closed.

"You go first" she chirped with a small smile.

He opened his eyes and moved his face away from her, he was still holding her face.

"Can I kiss you?" his voice came as a whisper as if his life was dependent on it.

She was shocked. She was speechless.

Her hands started shivering.

Her heartbeat was dangerously fast.

Is this kiss will have any meaning?

They haven't confessed.

This is just lust?

What ever they had between them was just lust?

All these uncertain thoughts clouded her mind.

But she did the most unexpected thing.

She closed her eyes and nodded.

It was like she doesn't have control over her actions.

It was like she needed him with the same intensity he needs her.

She waited.

She waited for a minute but didn't feel his lips.

She opened her eyes as if she has been betrayed.

And there she saw his eyes full of tears.

She didn't know what came inside her that...

She kissed him.

She didn't know the reason behind his tears but she felt as if it was her responsibility to take away all his tears, all his pain.

She kissed him as if her life was dependent on that kiss.

At first, he was stunned. Later he gave up and kissed her back passionately.

He lifted her making her strangle him.

Her hands went around his neck, resulting in her breasts colliding with his chest.

He laid her down on her bed and hovered over her, cupping her face.

She pulled him down to kiss him again, for which he gave in, but when she started to unbutton his shirt, he froze.

All of a sudden, he broke the kiss and sat back straight as if coming out of a spell or daze he was in.

Even she was shocked by her actions.

He stood up buttoning his shirt with an emotionless face.

"This is wrong" he said to her, more like convincing himself.

She was just looking at him with painful eyes.

He walked back towards the door.

He halted near the door.

"I am going back to Delhi tomorrow" he said and went out without waiting for her reply.

She just looked at the closed door sometime and broke down.

She was hiccuping and sobbing with her hands on her mouth.

She was crying her heart out.

How she was so happy a few moments back and now she was just like the broken things after the storm.

How she was going to express her heart to him and now she was just left with a broken heart.

She loved him but what about him?

He has a career, he can't give up on that.

She felt ashamed for kissing him.

She felt desperate.

She felt lusted for him but she knew it was love.

With all these thoughts and endless crying, she didn't realize when she slept hugging herself...
_____________________________________

On the other side, the situation was no better.

He also broke down as soon as he entered his apartment.

He loves her unconditionally.

But he is confused.

Can he give up on his career?

Were these 2 months of knowing a girl enough to give up on his years of hard work?

What if it didn't work like most relations or marriages these days?

He was frustrated, suffocated, and defeated in front of all these questions.

At last, he drifted into slumber with dried tears on his cheeks and a broken heart inside his chest...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
🥺🥺🥺

Hope you all liked this chapter❤️.

Please do vote and comment❤️.

Love
Ivy❤️