CHAPTER-11

Published on- 16/07/22

AUTHOR'S POV

"YOU!"

She shouted seeing the doctor behind the desk.

Yes, it was none other than Nirvaan!

"You!" Nirvaan was equally shocked.

"What are you doing here?" she asked moving forward, her eyes still open wide like saucers.

"Umm..." Nirvaan tried to frame his answer.

"Haww...is this hospital trying to fool and rob us by appointing models as fake doctors?" she gasped.

"And I never expected this from you Nirvaan" she added accusingly.

He internally hit his head at her overthinking.

Now, he was regretting his decision of not telling her the truth.

"Are they running a human trafficking racket here?" she exclaimed in shock.

"Are they..."

"Vaidehi! Listen to me!" he shouted holding her shoulders because he was not at all ready to listen to her yet another round of accusations.

"I am a real doctor" he said each and every word clearly.

"What? But you said you are a model and a chef" she accused him.

"I never said" he shrugged moving away.

Then it struck her that he never disclosed his profession.

All the time she was the one who assumed.

"But you never corrected me also" she pointed her finger at him, narrowing her eyes.

"Umm...because I was enjoying your assumptions. Moreover, I never thought that you will really believe that I am a chef and a model. Also, I was going to tell you soon but never surmised that it will come out like this" he explained.

"Wow! Did you enjoy Dr. Malhotra?" she clapped her hands sarcastically.

"Very much Ms. Tiwari" he replied with a smirk, leaning back on the desk.

In return, she just rolled her eyes.

"By the way, why are you here? Are you fine?" he stood up straight after realizing it and asked her worriedly.

"Umm...I am feeling pain on the right side of my chest" she replied a little bit embarrassed.

"What? Why didn't you tell me in the morning?" he asked worriedly and settled her on the chair while taking his stethoscope from the back of his chair.

"In the morning, I didn't know that you are a doctor" she taunted sarcastically with a fake smile.

"You could have told me as a friend" he replied calmly looking into her eyes and checking her.

"Sorry" she genuinely felt guilty for not telling him.

He went silent for a few seconds.

This increased her heartbeat more and took her back to her worst imaginings.

"Why are you silent?"

"Is there something serious?"

"Is there a hole in my heart?"

"Are my veins and arteries getting blocked?"

"Am I going to get a heart attack?"

"Am I going to die?"