Chapter 6

"Thank you, Kushi," Aman said, biting into the pastry she had given.

"You are welcome," Kushi said cheerfully, as she passed one to NK.

"By the way," Payal said, as she relished hers, "Welcome to AR."

"Thank you," Kushi grinned, "I am so excited. Yikes."

Everyone shared pitiful glances seeing Kushi's excitement as she went to Anjali's cabin and then ASR cabin. One thing in everyone's mind was 'Kushi is going to be disappointed.'

On the other hand, Kushi excitedly placed the pastry and his regular coffee on the table for their boss to see instantly. She picked the pastries from Happy place to give to everyone. And the coffee from a cafe Payal told their boss preferred. Making sure everything was organized for the boss, she came out of the cabin. She glanced at the time and asked everyone, "When will our boss come?"

"He usually comes early... He should be here by now," Aman said.

Kushi nodded. She was curious to see the man, who was her boss now. After her father, he was the second man she admired because of his achievements and success in life. Apart from the successful career, she wondered what kind of a man ASR was. She sat down on her chair, and picked the thermal coffee jar. She made her own coffee and brought to office. She took a huge whip and was smiling, relishing the feel of coffee when she heard the elevator ding open.

Smiling, she opened her eyes and her smile froze and eyes widened when she saw an unexpected person walking out of the elevator.

'Mr. Chote.'

Kushi sat still in her seat, staring at the person. Mr. Chote was walking in her direction and came to a complete stop when his eyes landed on Kushi. He removed his cooling glasses and she could say even he was surprised by her presence.

It was then she heard everyone say in chorus 'Good morning, ASR.'

Her mouth opened apart. She glanced at them mortified and they were standing at ease and staring at Mr. Chote.

'ASR?' Kushi thought. Her eyes slid to Mr. Chote - who actually turned out to be her boss ASR - to see his eyes on her. Her eyes shot down instantly and suddenly her coffee looked more interesting than ever. She did not lift her head and tried hard not to bite her lip or have a panic-induced seizure.

"You," she heard him call. But she did not respond. She closed her eyes, feeling like to cry and swallowed by the earth.

"You," she heard his gravelly voice again. More closer. Now, she couldn't avoid him. She opened her eyes and lifted her head to see him just a few feet away from her, walking toward her.

He looked good. Everything about him looked good. The way his hair fell over his forehead giving him a sexy appeal. The way the black crisp suit with white shirt fit him showing off his wide shoulders, thin waist and long perfect legs. The way his body moved.

She's doomed. The first man who stirred the crazy feelings in her turned out to be her boss. The man whom she thought a playboy and the man she teased was her boss.

"Hey," Kushi forced out.

He stood in front of her and looked down at her. "What are you doing here?" He sounded surprised but held a blank face.

She looked down embarrassed and slowly stood up as she said, "I work here." She nervously peeked a glance at him and he didn't look happy.

His eyes did a top-to-toe again and her skin started burning up. She nervously took a sip of her coffee, feeling her throat dry and swallowed. It helped to calm down her racing heart.