Chapter 5

Chapter 5

In the evening, Kushi stopped in front of a bakery shop that was across from AR, just as the lights turned on inside. She glanced at the display of the shop and her mouth watered with one look at the delicious cakes.

She grinned. Cakes and coffee were her weakness. She pushed open the door and a bell chimed above her.

A man was sitting behind the counter, more like laying in his chair boredly. He sat straight when he saw Kushi entering and his face bloomed.

"Welcome to Happy bakery, ma'am," the man said pleasantly.

Kushi smiled at him and walked towards the display of more cakes that were inside.

The man came out of the counter and went behind the display, following her footsteps as she looked at their shop collection.

Kushi pressed her lips together in disappointment and seeing her expression, the man's face fell.

"Did you not like anything, ma'am?" he asked, almost dejected.

Kushi looked at him. "How can I say that with just a look? Just looks will not suffice, right?" she pointed.

He scratched his head embarrassed. Kushi shook her head smiling. "I was actually looking for a strawberry flavored pastry. But I couldn't see it on display or on the menu."

He blinked.

"It's ok. Hmm..." Kushi tapped a finger on chin thinking and then said, "Can I have this blackforest to-go and one slice to eat here, please?" she asked.

He nodded. Wearing gloves, he picked one slice of cake on a paper-plate and gave it to Kushi. Kushi took it excitedly and a moan escaped her lips as she took a bite.

"Wow!" Kushi said, relishing every inch of the cake, "This is awesome. I'd kiss the hands who made this cake."

The man looked proud as he watched his customer enjoy their delicacies. "Glad you like it, ma'am."

"Like?" Kushi shook her head, "I love it. The texture is smooth, has the right amount of sweet, the flavor is just right."

He was amazed by her observation. He finished packing her order and came to her with a bag. She paid and thanked him. Just as she turned to leave, he stopped her.

"Would you still like to have a strawberry flavored pastry, ma'am?"

"Do you have it?"

He lifted one shoulder as if hesitant, as he said, "It is just a sample that my wife tried."

"Is she the one who made these pastries?"

He nodded. "Yes. We recently opened our bakery. We always dreamed of having our own bakery. With many companies in this area, we thought this would be a good business spot. But our business hadn't been that good. We are disappointed and are having second thoughts about this."

"Hey! First remove that negative thinking. Not everyone succeeds on the first day itself. You have to give your best, to make it high. Give up the regret. You cannot change the past. But you can change your present and future. Keep fighting."

He stared amazed.

"You are a lucky man. Your wife has magic in her hands. Don't give up," Kushi said encouragingly.

"Thank you, ma'am," a feminine voice came from their side. Kushi looked at the source of voice and found a woman standing at a door near the display, holding a tray with cakes. She came forward as she spoke with admiration, "Your words gave me new inspiration. Thank you very much."