𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 → 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂

Start from the beginning

She whipped out a softened piece of material, sharing the same shade as (Y/n)'s dismantled nails and the crisp sand just steps away through the exit doorway. She flung it around her unnerved friend's shoulders, (Y/n) sliding her arms down the sleeves she noticed to be stitched on each side.

"There you go, sweetie." Rouge smiled, lips coated in passionate red.

(Y/n) stood up to the tiled floor painted in a lighter shade of aqua with the same sparkling touch as what varnished the bench, taking a good look in the mirror. Even though the glass was misted over in the heat that seemed to be creeping in, she could see herself.

The thin blanket with a cardigan shape floated down just below her hips, flopping down her arms until her fingers could only just poke out. She felt relaxed from her appearance and reassured by the ability to whip the delicate coat across herself if needed to hide what was already hidden in Amy and Rouge's eyes, but felt exposed in her own.

"It's perfect. Thank you." (Y/n) smiled into the mirror with another deep breath.

"You're welcome, honey. Shall we go?" Rouge suggested, bare foot already poking into the silky sand trickling into the concrete pathway into the beach in preparation for the sun to admire her in her deep black bikini patterned with cartoon pineapples to add to her already prominent tan.

"Yeah-" (Y/n) began, but before she could completely finish the word Amy snatched her wrist with nails polished in a darkened crimson to match the shade of the cartoon strawberries dotted to her own bright white bikini.

"Yeah! Let's go! I wanna see what Sonic thinks of me!" Amy squeaked, the thought and mentioning of Sonic enlivening the pink hedgehog's fangirl initiative.

(Y/n) felt her heart stop, then pick up the pace in each beat that throbbed in anxiety and made her heart itself feel like it shook each time.

Sonic...

(Y/n) allowed Amy's hand to slide from her wrist, her energy no longer tugging her forward somewhere she suddenly wasn't comfortable in heading with Amy so driven by this she didn't notice.

The reminder that Sonic would be there froze (Y/n) into place with a gulp, her friends darting across the crisp sand with girly giggles ready to snatch the boys' attention.

They probably just wanted to for the fun of it today, which highlighted the blazing weather playing the role of a drug sending these girls into crazy ideas that (Y/n) didn't understand the fascination in.

She simply peeked around the doorway, the boys sat in a perfectly neat line to sun loungers facing the vibrant and enticing blue of the sea sprinkling them with salted water aglow in the summer scent with every crashing wave.

Tails took the end of the row to (Y/n)'s left, appearing as innocent as ever from behind. He sat up on the cushioned lounger embroidered in the same golden shade as his fur that blended into it, his twin tails raised up to avoid being squished as far as his back could lean.

A book was balanced in one of his hands, fingers tightly keeping a grip to where the pages folded as the other held the cone of an ice cream so vibrant in pale green it glowed in the flavour of mint that crumbled in the humidity.

He licked it quick enough to avoid the inevitable state of melting, adjusted sunglasses protecting his eyes dazzling in the blue of a sapphire scanning the words of the literature simultaneously.

Knuckles claimed the seat to the very right, hands embedded in his sharpened gloves resembling the monstrosity of a rocky boulder slinging to the side dappled with sunbeams.

The pure white became stained from the touch of the waters crawling closer towards him and the sprinkle of the moist sand, the snoozing echidna not noticing at all as a victim to slumber in the lounger possessing the scarlet shade as his quills.