Prologue

"Mother!" Nandini whispered, seeing her so close to her

"Mother!" Nandini whispered, seeing her so close to her. She felt her mother caressing her head lovingly. Deep down in her heart, she always wanted this. The love and compassion of a mother. She shuddered in fear and confusion when it happened in real life. Her brown orbs looked straight at her mother. She has the same set of brown eyes that were looking at her with love and tenderness.

"I am here, my love!" Her mother, Prerna said to her lovingly. Prerna, the wife of Gavrel, the queen of the Mythical world, and the best healing witch of the wizarding world. "Teja!" She called for the maid of honor.

"You called for me, Rani(Queen)?" Teja came inside the chamber. She stood a few meters away from the bed. She was a slim, heart-shaped woman with small eyes and thin lips.

"Get me some water and my wand," Prerna said. Nandini looked stunned, hearing her authoritative tone. "Do you need anything, honey?" Prerna's tone turned gentle.

"I don't think so," Nandini answered. She thought she sounded brave; it came as mellow on the contrary. The duality of her mother somehow instilled fear in her. Was she real?

Another servant entered the room. "Vyom wants to meet the princess."

"Vyom! Allow him inside."

The maid answered yes and walked out of the room. Prerna's voice stopped the maid. "It's not decent manners to call my husband's friend on a first name basis. You should never forget this. Is that clear?"

"As your wish, Rani," the maid trembled and fled away.

"You want to ask something, don't you?" Nandini diverted her attention to her mother.

Teja came inside the chamber with water and Prerna's wand. The queen dismissed Teja.

Nandini was in a dilemma whether she could ask or stay silent. Her curiosity won the battle and she asked. "Why are you behaving so presumptuous?"

"The very first lesson that I learned in a hard way was not to trust anyone. If you show your good side to people, not many but people with voracious minds will take advantage of you. Being arrogant does not make you a bad person, Nandini! It'll protect you," Prerna said. She asked Nandini to get ready for the day.

Prerna ordered her servants to take care of her daughter while she was taking a bath. She arranged her dress on the bed before walking out of Nandini's private chamber.

Prerna held her hands together near her chest and bowed slightly before Vyom Singhania, the knight of Gavrel and the protector of Nandini

Prerna held her hands together near her chest and bowed slightly before Vyom Singhania, the knight of Gavrel and the protector of Nandini. A shape-shifting wizard and teacher in Mythical School.

"You must not bow in front of me, Your grace!" Vyom panicked. He bowed before her and told her in a gentle tone.

"It's the least I can do for you, sire, for protecting my daughter."

She asked her servants to bring some prominent souvenirs for him. A servant came inside the room with a black chest after some minutes. Prerna approached the black chest and handed it to Vyom. She dismissed the servant, turning to Vyom.

"A small token from my side for your service!" Prerna said.

"I have done my duty and will do it till the end of my life, your grace."

"Please, do take it for my sake!" Prerna added.

Hesitantly, Vyom took the chest and opened it. It was a small crown with sapphires and diamonds adorning the headpiece. A similar tiara was placed inside the crown in the shape of a leaf engaging with one another. A diamond connected the two leaves and in the center, a sapphire stood brightly.

"What is it, your grace?" Vyom asked, entirely shocked seeing the royal crown in his hands.

"I, the Queen of the Mythical World, assigned Vyom Singhania, the knight from the descendants of the Singhania clan as the Lord for the Fortuna land in the Wizarding world. Hereby, he will rule the piece of land!" Prerna asserted.

Fortuna, the city of flora and fauna with magical creatures and considered beautiful and precious land in the Mythical world. The land where Rishabh and she stayed after their wedding. The place where her daughter, Nandini was born under the moonlight while fairies, little birds, and the creatures on the land welcomed the baby with open hands.

"Thank you, Grace, for showing this much kindness to me. But, I have a better precious one to take care of. As the head of my clan, I do not want to go until I complete my oath. Allow me to be here."

"You have my word, My Lord. You can be here as Nandini's protector as much as you want. Your land will be waiting for you till you complete your oath."

Vyom accepted the offer as long as he stayed near Nandini.

"Aquila!" Nandini rushed to his side. Her face gleamed in happiness. Her green long shawl flowed in the air.

"Tigress" Nandini embraced him.

"You are back? I couldn't believe it."

"I can not leave you, can I?"

"You better keep your promise, Mr. Vyom Singhania," Nandini answered.

Nandini then looked at her mother who was arranging the table for the dinner. "How would she be alive? What happens after I lose my consciousness?"

"You came out of the portal suddenly. You were weak and had a big scar on your left hand. You still had your dagger with blood dripping on it."

Nandini nodded her head, asking Vyom to continue. "Your father took you safely here and announced to the world that you were dead. Everything went as planned until your mother showed up."

"If she is alive...,"

"I swear, Aeron must be alive somewhere with Erebus," Vyom confided.