Entity x Child!Abused!Reader

Start from the beginning

It was a monster.

I screamed in terror, cowering in fear and hiding my face. I was filled with even more dread when the faint whispers filled my ears again. I clenched the sides of my head with my hands and softly cried to myself. As the whispers went on, I began to understand them again. This creature—this... entity, spoke in a language that seemed only I could understand. It whispered sweet nothings to me in its deep voice. It told me that everything would be okay. That I was safe now. It then told me to trust the strange being that stood before me now.

I hesitantly looked up to the man, his glowing eyes boring into me. He slowly approached, gently holding his hand out for me. I instantly flinched, only knowing an adult's hand to be violent. The creature was ever so patient though. He kept his hand out and awaited for me to trust him. My teary eyes gazed into his desperately, trying to figure him out. The Entity kept whispering through the fog, telling me to take his hand. I bit the bullet and carefully placed my much smaller hand into the man's huge one.

"Who are you?" I asked quietly.

"Philip." The creature croaked. A shiver ran down my spine at the sound of his withered voice. "Do not be afraid. You are in very good hands." He said.

The Entity purred.

Macmillan Estate, one month later

The Entity obviously made a mistake. Instead of taking my horrible guardian, it took me. Weirdest part was it never sent me back, or brought them here. The Entity appeared to of taken a liking to me for some reason. It often purred or chittered against my ear lovingly.

As of right now, the Entity beckoned me over to where it was perched above a hook. I came running over, staring up in awe at the giant cluster of spidery claws.

Hello, my child. It crooned through dark whispers only I could understand.

"Hi, Spidey." I smiled.

The Entity extended a limb down to where my small form stood. I brought my hand out and gently caressed its hard 'skin'. I had grown an attachment to this being. Though it was something completely out of this world, it was the best parental figure I had ever had. The Entity purred and cooed, bringing its limbs up all around me. It stroked my hair with a tender and loving care. I leaned into the touch with a small smile on my face.

I will leave you now. You will be cared for while I am away. Goodbye, my child.

"Okay, Spidey. Bye-bye." I frowned.

The Entity brought a claw up to my cheek.

I will be back for you, sweet child.

More limbs dropped down from the sky and wrapped around me like a warm embrace. I leaned into the bizarre touch, feeling its love. The Entity chittered affectionately, expressing how much it cared for me. It saw me as one of its own. It saw me as something it needed to protect.

Speaking of which, none other than Evan Macmillan approached the hook in which we resided. It was his turn to babysit me while the Entity was away in a trial or whatever it went off to do. Usually it wasn't his thing, but Philip already had me twice earlier. I was also with Sally the Nurse earlier too. She was always nice.

"Hey, kid." Evan said gruffly.

"Hey, Evan!" I beamed.

Take care of them well. The Entity ordered.

Evan ruffled my hair playfully with a calloused hand. I squealed and swatted him away with a giggle. The Entity gave me one last coo, stroking my cheek with its claw.

"Bye, Spidey." I said again sadly.

With that, the Entity ascended up into the sky. The cluster of legs glowed a bright orange before fading away in an array of sparkles. As it disappeared, I felt a pained sense of loss in my chest. I really did love the Entity. It was like the parent I never had.

I clung to Evan's leg, looking up at him with glittering eyes.

"What ya wanna do, Evan?" I giggled.

I squeezed my arms around his leg as tight as I possibly could.

"I don't know. What do you do with Philip?" Evan asked.

"Talk!"

There was a long silence between us two. He definitely didn't want to do that.

"What else do you do with Philip?"

Later

Evan sat crosslegged on the ground by a hook. I stood behind him, gently setting a blighted flower crown I made onto his head. I laughed gleefully and clapped my hands.

"You look so cute!" I squealed.

The masked man folded his arms over his chest, unamused.

"I know." He said sassily.

The Entity's whispering swirled around the fog. This time, I grew excited at the sound of it.

"Spidey's back!" I exclaimed.

Large spidery claws slowly spun in circles above the hook we found ourselves by. More of the limbs materialised around it, where they reached out for us.

"Hi, Spidey!" I giggled.

My dear child.

The Entity wrapped its claws around me in a makeshift hug. I leaned my head against it and smiled longingly. Evan stood from the ground, arms crossed with the glowing flower crown still on his head.

"Do you like his crown? I made it!" I said.

Yes, very clever. The Entity praised.

I gave one of its claws a squeeze, it purring at the action. Never had I had somebody praise me like that... never would you of heard anything like that from my guardian.

"They're a good kid." Evan said.

Tears pricked my eyes at the kindness I was receiving.

Don't cry, child. I am here now. The Entity cooed.

Family at last.