Chapter 07: Evolution?

The sunlight had just illuminated the forest, where only small rays of light illuminated its interior. The tops of the vast trees danced with the blowing of a solid and warm wind.

The howling of the monsters, as well as the singing of the birds animated the interior of the forest.

Watching the joyful start of the day, I stretched my gelatinous body as I let out a long sigh of freedom in my mind.

*Boing

I jumped off a tree branch and did an acrobatic stunt that would make any athletic being curse me and spit on my round body.

I raced through the forest, dodging trees and leaping over bushes. I fixed my gaze on the map, where several moving red dots appeared.

'Another week has passed since I arrived in this world. I can clearly feel the difference between the past and the present...'.

Unlike before, an incredible amount of energy was coursing through the inside of my body, the source of it naturally being the core at the center of my body.

As for the core, I often feared it would break in one of my battles, ending my little yellow life.

However, no matter if the monsters beat me to a pulp and cut me into pieces while their huge teeth chewed me like chewing gum, the core remained intact, rebuilding my gelatinous body again.

Of course, body reconstruction would only work as long as I had a lot of energy stored in my core. For example, if I had no energy while my body was being destroyed, my core would be the only thing that would remain intact until I restored the amount of energy needed to start the restoration of my body.

But still, one rather strange thing I discovered was that even in that status, I could have the ability to observe from inside the core after my gelatinous body disappeared.

That strange situation had led me to think that my soul dwelled inside my core, being protected by it, i.e., an immortal being... of course, as long as someone powerful didn't destroy my core, everything would be fine.

As for the pain... while I don't feel any pain when being torn into countless parts, as it was related to a passive ability, obedience and the feeling of being torn were not so pleasant.

Changing the subject, I created two more skills apart from the active skill I use the most; "Golden Explosion."

These two skills were created based on the golden lightning; However, my status shows that it is the "Lightning Element," it is pretty strange that it is golden, so I guessed that my peculiar situation had influenced to change its actual properties.

Aside from the three active skills mentioned, I didn't have any other attack-focused skills. Although it's a bit sad to say, my system didn't have a "Shop" option; therefore, I can't buy anything.

I tried countless times until my energy reserves ran out to recreate the fantastic and varied special abilities in the many fantasia anime that existed. However, with this body of mine significantly limiting me, I could not break through the wall of failure.

Still, I wasn't too discouraged, as I was currently already at "Rank F - Max Level." I'm pretty eager to advance to the next rank, which would be today or tomorrow, depending on my luck and performance.

'Sigh~, it's been a long time since I rummaged through my statuses...'.

'Status.'

Upon sending the command, the system obeyed me, and a gold-colored transparent holographic screen along with some black letters stood out quite a bit as a floating window in front of me.