Chapter Six - Classes are Cheese Puffs

Start from the beginning

Maybe I will be able to have just a little bit of fun here... even if the classes are cheese puffs.

After that Lily went to go get the ingredients to the potion we were supposed to be making. Draught of Peace. I had made this last year, at my old school.

"Okay... you crush that moonstone and I will do the unicorn horn." Lily said placing the ingredients down on our table, I nodded and carefully crushed the moonstone reading the textbook carefully.

"Your good at this, I thought you told me potions was your least favourite class!" Lily laughed, I shrugged my shoulder and poured the hellebore syrup into the cauldron.

"I don't hate the class because I am no good at it, do you honestly think the Lupin family raises kids that aren't good at school... it's just I hate the teachers I have had for the course in the past." I told her, "Plus I love to cause trouble."

We continued to make the potion until it was a turquoise blue. At that point we knew the potion was finished and Lily poured it into a veil before carefully taking it up to the professor.

"Miss Evans! Did you do this all by yourself?" He asked her eyeing me, I could tell that this professor did not like me and that didn't bother me.

"No professor, Alex actually did most of the work herself, she knew some stuff I didn't even know." Lily told him, it felt odd to have someone sticking up for me, a nice odd though, if there was a sure thing.

"Well, then, I guess it would be a privilege to have miss Lupin join us for that dinner Saturday night, a bunch of students will be eating with me, I do hope you can join me that night." He said, he had this creepy twinkle in his eye, maybe the desire to surround himself with famous, or future famous, people.

I looked at the professor a little disgusted, but he didn't seem to notice how I was looking at him, his facial expression did not change in the slightest way. "I will have to see sir, I have just started here and I am not sure how much homework I will have that night."

He looked disappointed, and if he was trying to hide it he was not doing a good job. He looked like someone kicked his cat and shaved it bald or something. His face reminded me of a sad Santa, and who wants a sad Santa?

After potions we headed to History of Magic, which I admit seemed cool at first. How wrong I was. How very wrong I was.

Professor Binns is the only ghost professor in the school, and I taught originally that it would be really cool to get taught by a ghost... but his talking had one tone and one speed. Slow and monotone. It had almost lulled me to sleep when the class ended, and lets just say much more then half the class had fallen asleep and were drooling on their desks.

I think it was only me, Lily and Remus who managed to stay awake. We took the proper notes and followed along, which was very hard from me... I was constantly thinking about how things were different at Hogwarts, it was all I imagined it to be and a little more.

The bell rang waking most of the other students in the class, but sadly a few did not wake and were late to the next class and received detention from Binns, which I hear can actually be quite brutal.

Divination was insane. Literally insane, I am almost a hundred present sure that the professor was a fake. She went on and on about how the leaves from tea showed our true futures and that it was the most reliable form of divination we could use.

She mentioned nothing of visions, nothing of prophecy, all we did in the class was listen to her high pitch old voice go on and on about how the voices told her all sorts of secrets about her life... half way through the class she turned and looked at me.