CHAPTER 5 - DONT TELL IRIS

"Dustin! What the fuck are you doing?" Iris laughed at the boy who was covered head to toe in a mix of baseball catchers equipment and hockey gear, sporting a hockey stick

   "Dustin! What the fuck are you doing?" Iris laughed at the boy who was covered head to toe in a mix of baseball catchers equipment and hockey gear, sporting a hockey stick. She was heading to the station to make sure her dad was okay after he didn't come home the night prior.

   It wasn't completely out of the ordinary for Cassidy to not come home from late nights at work and not tell her anything until the next day, but she had a nagging feeling like something was wrong. And with Hawkins' history of missing persons, she wasn't taking any chances.

   When Dustin looked at her, a familiar sensation echoed through her body. She let him drag her into a small shed near his house. Through the cracks, she quickly found what the problem was.

   "What the hell is that?" Iris whispered to him, eyes glued to the creature in front of her. It was slimy looking, almost like a slug with four legs. From the corner of her eye, she could see Dustin turn away from it, but she kept looking, especially when it started moving to the doors.

   Instead of answering, he let out a deep breath before he burst out the doors, trying to knock the thing into the cellar doors. But, he missed. Before he could react, Iris flung it into the cellar with a light flick of her wrist, closing the doors right after.

   Iris wasn't sure how, but she was sure that was linked to whatever was happening to Will.

   "Looks like we've both got some explaining to do, huh?" Iris whipped the small droplet of blood that escaped her nose, grinning at Dustin's expression.

✩✩✩

   As the two cleaned Mews' blood off Dustin's carpet, they explained everything to each other. From Iris' powers and how she got them, to who Eleven was and what happened with Will last year. She decided not to tell him that Eleven had visted her, even though he was really upset she had died for his friends. The girl had sworn Iris to secrecy, and she wasn't going to break that.

   He was more than excited to have another 'superhero' as a friend, encouraging Iris to show him more of her powers. She gave him a firm "not in the house".

   Although nervous about putting Dustin in danger, she felt much better about knowing everything. And now, she felt like she could protect Dustin and his friends. Her only regret was not being involved sooner. She was glad her father was somewhat open about her history in the lab, because she was able to tell Dustin everything, and he claimed she was the "coolest person ever".

   However, after hearing what Will had dealt with just mere months ago, Iris was now thankful she always gave him some extra tokens whenever he and his friends stopped by the arcade.

   Now, the feeling that something bad had happened to her father grew when she learned that Hopper was also not responding to any radio calls. In fact, no one was picking up at all. (Besides Lucas' little sister).