CHAPTER 4 - WHATS UP WITH WILL BYERS?

Eleven left before the sunset that afternoon, but only after she convinced Iris that she would be careful

   Eleven left before the sunset that afternoon, but only after she convinced Iris that she would be careful. Iris went to bed soon after, her training prior making her more tired than usual.

   That night though, odd types of dreams awaited her. Hawkin's Middle School hallways were hard to forget, and Iris felt herself leaning against a locker as she opened her eyes. It was empty, but still bright out, making Iris guess it was some time after the last bell, but still afternoon.

   "Will!" Shouts of various voices called out, making Iris start to run to the sound. Quickly, she found Dustin, along with a redheaded girl she hadn't met before. She tapped Dustin's shoulder and yelled out to him to approach him, but her hand turned to smoke as she made contact with his body. Instantly, she pulled her hand away, and her hand reappeared.

   Joyce Byers soon came down the opposite end of the hallway, making Iris panic as she heard the terror in her voice. Iris wasn't sure what she was seeing. She was aware that no one else could see or hear her, but she wasn't sure what was happening. This felt too real to be a dream.

   Lucas came running through the double doors next to the group. "The field." He said, and the group ran to follow him.

   Iris' demeanor changed completely. Her confusion changed into anger and protectiveness. Everyone knew she would do anything for those kids, and that was exactly what she was going to do.

   "I just found him like this!" Mike exclaimed, a hand on Will's shoulder.

   Iris had never seen anything that had prompted her to feel as panicked as she did until that moment. She blocked out any conversation that the group was having, approaching Will gently.

   She placed both her hands on Will's shoulders, and in seconds, she was put into another world. She turned, looking around quickly, taking in her surroundings.

   It was like Hawkins, but empty. As if everyone in the town left, and then it got thrown up on. Iris quickly realized this had to be the other dimension her father taught her about. It wad only a theory, but she knew it was there. How did her friends fit into this?

   Her thoughts were cut short by screams, ones that sounded like they belonged to a child. Iris took off in a sprint to the noise, rolling up her sleeves simultaneously. She hoped she was wrong.

   However, she wasn't. It was hard to recognize him between the mist that was forcing itself into and through him, but that had to be Will. And the mist had to be something terrible.

   Without thinking much, Iris flicked her wrists, both hands engulfing themselves in flames. She aimed upwards, careful not to hurt Will as she blasted the shadow. But as she did, the mist seemed to pique its interest in Iris as well.

   Part of the mist split, moving to her. Iris lifted her hand, creating a wall before it could go near her with one while she used the other to try and protect Will.