𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲, 𝓓𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓭 𝔀𝓸𝓸𝓭

 『• • • ✎ • • •』

She folded the letter back up and shoved it into her robe pocket. She didn't know where Oliver was, and she didn't want to show it to him in the morning. He would just think about it all day. She wanted to show her brother what her father had sent her, but not until she could tell him alone. 

Y/n was so distracted by the letter that she just stared at the plates full of food that sat in front of her.

"Are you on Y/n/n?" George asked.

"What? Oh, yeah, I'm fine. We should probably head to class now. We don't want to be late."

≿━━𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫━━≾

"Are you ok, Miss. Wood?" McGonagall came up to Y/n after grading her assignment that she had done in class.

"Yes Professor, why?"

"You seem highly distracted today, and your paper agrees with me." The Professor slid Y/n her paper. 

The paper had a red D written on the paper, and according to the grading system at Hogwarts, D meant Dreadful. O was the highest grade, meaning Outstanding. Luckily for her, she didn't receive a T, Troll, which is the worst grade you could get.

"Oh, Merlin!"

"I know you can do better than this, Miss. Wood. You got an O on your last paper."

"I can do better, Professor. This topic is simple."

"I'll give you a chance to redo it, but it must be turned in during the next class you have with me. If you fail to do so, then you will get your original grade."

"Yes Professor. Thank you." With wide eyes, she slipped her paper into her bag and put the rest of her items up as well. If she didn't focus soon, then she would end up failing every assignment today. That was the reason she didn't tell Oliver when she got the letter. 

The day went pretty much the same for her. She almsot failed every paper she did that day in all of her classes. Fred and George could tell that something was up with her, but they wanted to giver her space if she needed it. She aske dif she was alright a few times through out the day, but she just shook her head with a 'yes' and continused 'focusing' on her work.

She hardly talked durring Lunch, or at all througout the day for that matter. But she just put on her usual happy smile and kept going with her day.

≿━━𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫━━≾

Diner had already passed at this point, and Y/n still couldn't find Oliver. It was as if she looked through the whole castle just to find him. He had to be somewhere, he had to show up soon. She was about to give up until she heard his voice in a nearby corridor. She saw Him and someone else standing next to a wall, both in their white shirts, with no robe.

"Oliver." Y/n slowly said as she walked up to her brother.

He turned around from talking Lee Jordan, "What's up?" He smiled. This was going to be harder for her than she thought.

"Can I talk to you alone?"

"Sure." He looked at her, slightly concerned and confused. "I'll talk later, Lee." 7th year told the 5th, a small smile creeping onto his face.

"Sorry Lee." Y/n apologized for interrupting their little conversation.

"No worries." Lee walked off, leaving the two siblings alone.

"I'm sorry to bring the mood down, but I put off telling you this morning. I didn't want you to worry about it all day like I have. I failed a Transfiguration paper because of it-"

"Cut to the chase, sis." Oliver said eagerly.

"It's, oh, just read this. Dad sent it to me and I got it this morning." She pulled the folded parchment from her pocked and stuck it out to the boy. He gave her a confused look, "Just take it, read it." She shoved it into his hand.

She stood there playing with her hands, waiting anxiously for him to finish reading the letter. She looked up at his face, seeing his eyes move across the paper, word for word. His dropped with every sentence he read, leaving nothing but eye's full of worry.

"And you knew about this all day?" He finally asked.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Like I said, I didn't want to worry about it all day, and I couldn't find you when I got it. I wanted to tell you sooner." She looked down at her feet. "I'm sorry." Tears threatened to fall from her eyes. She didn't know how to react to their mother's heath, and she felt guilty about not telling her brother sooner. It was all flooding to her all at once. 

"Don't be-"

"I should have told you sooner. I've known all day. I practically failed all of my assignments today. That's why I didn't tell you. I'm sorry Oliver."

Oliver looked at Y/n, he wasn't mad, he was just worried. For his mother, and how his father and Y/n were taking it. He spread his arms apart and embraced her with a hug. He loved her more than anything in the world, and he hated to see her upset. 

"It's going to be fine. I'm sure dad will figure something out." He said in her ear.

"But dad said he couldn't get a hold of a doctor. What if she doesn't get better?" Her tears fell from her eyes slowly, dripping down onto his shoulder of his white collared shirt. 

One thing she hated most, along with being alone, was the unknown. Questions of 'what if' filled her head.

"All we can do is hope for the best." He softly said.

"We can't just think that everything will be fine."

"We can't do much other than that, Y/n. I get it, I'm worried too, but there's nothing we can do." 

Y/n let go of the hug and whipped her face, which was now blushed with pink. The tow began to walk back to the common room, which wasn't too far away.

"Good night, love you." Oliver said.

"Night. Love you too." They both went up to their dormitories for bed. 

Oliver slowly went up the stairs, he wasn't exactly in the best mood. Of course, Y/n wasn't either, but Oliver was taking it a little worse than she as at the moment. He had always been the family pleaser, the glue, and the peacemaker. Y/n was most of those things too, but being the oldest, every little expectation fell on him, making the weight on his shoulders heavier. On top of grades, and end of year O.W.L.S, N.E.W.T.S, Quidditch, and graduation it was a lot to juggle all at onec. Now he had another thing to add to the act. More comes into place though, hideing his fear, and helping Y/n with her's. He had to be the strong one, to help everyone eles along the way. No one could see tough Oliver upset. Y/n tryed her best to do the same, but she always ened up showing her feeling when no one eles was around. Maybe that's why the two loved quidditch so much. it gave them something to take their feeling out on, and focus on something eles. 

If he was being hosnet, he belived that his mum would be fine. She was a strong women, and could over come things eisaly. He had hope. He just wished Y/n did too.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆